30

VALERI

Suddenly, my hands are in Zach's hair as I kiss him. His soft lips are moving in rhythm with mine and his tongue makes its way in my mouth. I pull him closer by his shirt and kiss him with more passion.

I pull away and we both catch our breaths. "Come on, let's go to bed." He sighs.

Zach helps me put my sweats back on and then I'm lifted in the air. I wrap my legs around his waist and he brings me back to bed. He slowly tucks me in and then gets under himself.

My head is on his chest as I hug his waist. He's trailing his fingers through my hair and it's slowly making me sleepy. I listen to his heartbeat knowing I'm not alone as I drift off.

~~~

I'm woken up by the sunlight the next day. I look around and then notice Zach lying next to me.

"How'd you sleep?" He asks me.

"Alright I guess." And that's when I realise I've slept the whole night without taking pills. I really do need them now, though.

I know my brother and Zach know about everything now and they're here to support me but addiction doesn't go away that quickly.

I really need something. I feel aching on my arms and thighs.

"I will be right back. I'll just get some clothes from my room, okay?" I don't look at Zach. I'm scared he's going to see right through me.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"You don't have to. It's okay." I reassure him and then climb over him to get to the door. When I stand up dizziness consumes my body and I have to lean my hand to the wall to keep myself up.

Zach's hands are around my waist now as he helps me to the door. We make our way to my room.

"Are you sure you want to go inside?" Zach asks me and I realise I froze.

I nod and slowly open the door. Everything is cleaned up. They must have gone through every drawer to throw away whatever they found.

I approach my wardrobe and take out some clothes. I search for anything they forgot.

"You have doctor's appointment in an hour." I hear Zach behind me. I completely forgot about that.

"Okay." That's when I notice a blade under the clothes. I slowly slide it in my pocket and then take out the clothes I picked.

"Are you done?" I nod and we go back to the room. I change in his bathroom but I don't think it's a good idea to do it now, so I hide it somewhere where Zach won't look. I'm staying in his room from now on.

After I'm done I get out and see Zach sitting on the bed. "Let's go." He takes my hand and we leave the house.

While driving he's drawing circles on the back of my hand with his fingers. He must have noticed I'm anxious.

"It'll be okay." He looks at me sideways. "What is it?"

I sigh. "I don't wanna go inside alone." I whisper but he hears me.