Chapter 2

Monday mornings were the worst. It didn't help that I got practically no sleep last night, I was too busy overthinking about this new contract.

Part of me wanted to back out, but I knew it was too late. I kept reminding myself that soon almost every fashion designer in Barcelona, will know my name.

I threw on an oversized hoodie, some baggy jeans and trainers. I covered the dark circles under my eyes with a layer of concealer but it wasn't enough. "I look like a zombie." I sighed, giving up.
"A hot zombie." Sofia said, hugging me from behind.

I told her about the contract I agreed to yesterday, she was equally as shocked as I was, but she persuaded me that it will be beneficial in the end.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.
The caller ID said unknown, but I knew who it was. I allowed the phone to ring for a few seconds, contemplating whether to answer, when Sofia suddenly reached over and pressed the answer button for me. "Oops." She winked.

"Where are you?" A deep, familiar voice said on the other side. I switched Pedri onto speaker, so that Sofia was also able to hear him.
"At my apartment.." I answered hesitantly.

"Hurry up, I'm waiting outside." He stated, his tone was thick with boredom, I wondered if he had been waiting long. Wait, how did he know where Ilived? I placed my phone on the table whilst looking out of the window, a large, expensive black car was waiting outside.

Maybe my manager told him my address?

"He's such a creep." I mumbled, which made
Sofia laugh.
"I can still hear you." Pedri said. I quickly spinned around, only to realise that I hadn't ended the call.

My cheeks reddened with embarrassment, and I made sure to end the call this time.
I grabbed my bag, and hugged Sofia goodbye before leaving apartment. A gasp left my lips as I noticed the huge crowd of photographers outside the building.

"Are you Pedri's new girlfriend?" A journalist shouted, shoving a mic in my face.
Before I was able to answer, the door to the car opened and Pedri roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. The chauffeur slowly pulled out, and began to drive.

Even though I was a model, I had never encountered such a huge crowd of photographers before. I had mainly done commercial modelling, so I was not that well

We both stayed quiet for the first ten minutes of the journey, not knowing what to say to each other. Pedri was on his phone, probably texting someone, and I was just staring out the window. I felt like I was about to pass out from the awkwardness, was this what it was going to be like for the next 2 months?

"We're going to Camp Nou. I have training today, so you're going to come watch." Pedri explained, breaking the silence. He fiddled with a golden ring on his finger, whilst staring at me, waiting for me to respond.

"Uh, I have to come watch you train?" I asked, repeating his words.
He nodded, then took a small sip of water and said "I have to warn you, I do look quite hot during training so make sure you don't drool."
"You love yourself way too much" I stated.

He smirked. "And soon you will be in love with me too."
"Nope, no way." I argued, shaking my head numerous times. Although he was being annoying, I was thankful that we weren't just sitting in silence anymore.
"Nah, I bet you're going to fall for me by the end of this contract." He said. "Every girl falls for me."

I rolled my eyes, and unbuckled my seatbelt as we had finally arrived at the training ground. I was expecting to see some paparazzi, but it was surprisingly empty.

Pedri opened my door for me, and then kindly held out his hand to help me step out of the car. I reached out to hold it, but then he suddenly retracted his hand, causing me to nearly fall onto the concrete floor. "You motherfucker" I hissed, as he laughed to himself at his childish little prank.