Chapter 3

Bright flashes of llight dazzled me, as Sofia and I walked into the club. "Amelia, is it true you're dating famous footballer Pedri Gonzaléz?" A reporter asked. Sofia held my hand tightly and gave me a squeeze.

"Yes, I am." I smiled, I was met with more beaming flashes. We both quickly hauled ourselves inside the club, laughing to ourselves as we nearly tripped over each other.
We bumped into many sweaty bodies whilst making our way through the dancing crowd.

The air was thick and sticky, with a strong intoxicating smell that lingered around us.
Sofia was saying something, but I couldn't hear her over the loud deafening music.
"I'm going to go get us some drinks, I'll be back in a sec!" She shouted in my ear, before vanishing.

I accidentally stumbled backward, and I felt my back rub against someone's body.
"Mari!" I smiled in surprise at the brunette.
She was too drunk to form a coherent sentence, so she just smiled instead. Pablo suddenly emerged from behind her, I noticed that her red lipstick was all over his face, and I couldn't help but smirk. They were too cute.

I started dancing with them for a while, until Sofia arrived, with someone else. "Here is your drink," She said, handing me a cup containing a dark liquid.
"I'm going to go dance with my new friend for a bit, I'll meet you back here later, okay?" Sofia winked, gripping the arm of the tall, blonde guy next to her.

Suddenly, I was all alone. Well, not entirely alone as there were sticky bodies bumping into me from every direction. I didn't want to third-wheel Pablo and Mari again, so I sat down on one of the empty couches, with another drink in my hand.

From the corner of my eye, I spotted Pedri in the crowd. He was wearing a tight-fitted white shirt, which accentuated his muscles.

My jaw almost dropped when I noticed a blonde girl attached to him. His hands were wrapped around her waist, and her hands were on his shoulders. They both swayed to the music.

I didn't know why I was staring. I certainly didn't care. Not one bit. It didn't bother me that he was with other girls, but one of the conditions in the contract was to make sure we were not spotted with other people. I mean, there was no paparazzi inside the club, so it didn't matter.

So why was I feeling annoyed?
Probably because it's Pedri, he's just an annoying person.

"Hey," A deep voice said from next to me. I tore my eyes away from Pedri and noticed the boy sitting beside me.
"Oh hey!" I smiled.
"I'm Luca," He said, whilst brushing the strands of his dark brown hair out of his face.

"I'm Amelia."
"I know who you are, you're all over the internet, pictured with that footballer." He laughed.
"Anyways, I was wondering if you'd wanna dance with me?"
I hesitated and glanced over at Pedri who appeared to have his tongue down the throat of that blonde girl.

"Something tells me that you guys aren't actually dating," Luca smirked, grabbing my hand.

"Let's go dance." I quickly said, ignoring his comment. He lead me to the dance floor, where we both immediately fell into a rhythm.
A familiar pair of dark brown eyes were staring at me across from the dance floor.

Pedri, His gaze traveled down my face to my body, as he looked me up and down. He then went back to kissing the blonde girl he was with, but he kept his eyes open the entire time - glaring at me as if he thought I was going to get jealous. As if.

I ran my hands through Luca's fluffy hair, whilst swaying my hips side to side. His hands rested on my waist. We stayed like that for several minutes, just holding each other.

Pedri was still staring.
"Hey, I'm tired now, I'm going to go back and sit down," I shouted. Luca nodded, and then let go of me.

''I'll see you around''