Chapter Ten

Y/N eventually went to bed shortly after Bucky and she had dinner.

Bucky decided to go and work out some as he felt that was a good time to try and break down the case more.

In the meantime, Natasha was hunting Wanda down. She mentioned she was talking to Bruce earlier, but she never made it to Y/N's room like she said she would. Now it was later, and she still had no idea where she was.

She was looking down at her phone, seconds from calling her friend when she heard footsteps heading her way.

She looked up, and around the corner, turned the person in question.

"What have you been up to, Missy?" she said with an interrogating look.

"Hey, I was just coming to find you," Wanda pointed to her. "I have something I need to talk to you about."

Now Natasha's curiosity had peaked.

"About what?"

"Not here," she looked around. "Come with me down to the lab," she motioned her head to follow her.

Down in the lab, Bruce was hunched over paperwork and examining them closely.

When the two redheads walked into his private office, he looked at Nat with a smile.

"So you did tell her," Bruce stood up from his position and crossed his arms after taking his glasses off.

"Not yet," Wanda shook her head. "Figured it would be better if we both told her."

Natasha was looking at them with confused stares and couldn't handle being out of the loop any longer.

"Can someone tell me what's going on, please?" she groaned.

Wanda knew there was no point easing into it all as she could see the annoyance on the spy's face. She didn't want to make her wait longer than she already had.

"We have some things about Y/N that we need to discuss with you," she said leaning on the table.

Nat was curious and looked at Wanda, who read her mind, nodded, and answered, "Yes, he knows."

"I know about the incident in the training room, but we have some other things we need to talk about before that," Bruce sighed, moving toward the two.

After about 20 minutes of debriefing Nat, there was a second of silence. Her head was down as she added all the new notes to her mental list, but Wanda and Bruce couldn't tell if she was just processing, confused, angry, or all the above.

Then she raised her head and looked straight at them both.

"Why wasn't I a part of this little side investigation?" she asked bluntly.

Wanda knew she would be upset about being out of the loop, but they felt they had good reasoning for keeping within a smaller group.

"We didn't want things to come back to bite us in the ass in whatever way it could and figured the less who knew, the less hurt," Wanda answered. "It was nothing against you or anything having to do with not trusting you with the information, but there is still so much we don't know about her that could get us in trouble."

"And?" Natasha questioned as if that wasn't good enough of an answer. "You think getting hurt or in trouble are ever part of my main concerns?"

Anyone willing to join any group of individuals such as the Avengers wouldn't last a single second if they were worried about either of those two things.

"We were trying to look out for you," Bruce spoke up.

"And for that, I appreciate you, but you both know I like to make my own decisions," she sent a serious look. "I would've liked to have known however, so I can decide if this is something I wanted to be a part of for myself."