Chapter Sixteen

A/N: First off, I know I've already said this MULTIPLE TIMES, but I truly mean it when I say I appreciate that you all are patient with this story. Both in when each chapter is released and with the slow burn it has to it. I know for some it's hard for people to stick to it, but I really wanted to create a story with depth, connection, and details that bring it to life! So for those following and making impressions on the chapters as they come out, BIG KISSES TO YOU ALL!! To those that have fallen off the bandwagon, I'm not judging a bit. I hope you come back when it's all wrapped up and completed. LOVE YOU!!!

--------------------------------------------------

When they got upstairs, Bruce was able to miraculously convince her to follow through with the checkup.

After Bucky retrieved the medical bag from the kitchen and brought it back to his room where Y/N was sitting on the bed, his phone wouldn't stop going off.

"Take it, Barnes," Bruce waved him off. "They won't stop until you do."

He was right. It was mainly Tony that was calling him on repeat and he was known for how relentless he could be.

"I'll just be outside," Bucky pointed back toward the door. He looked to Y/N double checking she was fine, but she seemed to be taking in the quiet environment while she waited for Bruce to get to work.

He quietly walked out, a part of him feeling like he somehow had taken 10 steps backward with her.

"You know when someone hangs up on you 5 times in a row, it usually means they can't talk," Bucky rolled his eyes, placing a hand on his hip and the other holding the phone to his cheek.

"Or they don't want to talk," Tony spit back. "And in this case, that's not an option."

"When is it ever?" he gritted through his teeth, turning on his feet as he was high alert in the hall.

"We need a report from you. Not just an in-passing comment on what all happened," Tony continued. "I need you back downstairs to figure out what I'm dealing with."

"I'm trying to get Y/N settled. She kind of had a," he paused looking at the door and stepping away a little further. "Everything finally caught up to her and she had an upsetting interaction with the nurse."

"Upsetting like she was going to hurt someone?" Tony had to ask.

"No," Buckys said sternly.

At the single and final answer, Tony knew it was best to not question further.

"Either way, get back down here. We have things to discuss."

Before he could argue back, the line cut off and he saw the call-ended screen come up when he pulled it away.

"Typical," he sighed annoyed.

Coming back inside quietly, Bruce sat in a chair across from Y/N where she was sitting crisscrossed on the edge of the bed as he talked to her.

"No, I understand," Bruce nodded. "But we are going to figure out it all out. And in no time you'll be in control of all the bits and pieces of it."

Bucky could deduct what they were talking about and he was glad she and Bruce had also grown close in her time here. Having to do bloodwork and check-ins often with him made it easy to build a relationship with the scientist.

The two turned to his entrance and he gave an awkward tight smile.

"Sorry, but Tony just called and needs me back downstairs," he walked in slowly. "Didn't really give me a chance to decline."