Chapter Twenty-Six

"Where's Y/N?"

When Tony saw Nat and Bucky rushing in with nervous looks, he didn't like that Y/N wasn't close behind.

"Buck?" Steve asked after turning at the comment and seeing that the two were alone.

"Long story," Nat answered when Bucky was conflicted with his own. "Where's Wanda?"

"She's already heading up there. You guys didn't run into her?" Tony asked, now in his jacket that magically turn into his suit with a pull of his jock strings.

"Big place," Bucky grumbled. "She must have taken a different route."

"Wanda?" Nat questioned, pressing a finger to her ear.

"Busy, but I'm ok! You guys worry about you. I'm almost to Y/N!" she came back through.

"We don't have a lot of time," Bucky moved on. "All of us need to be on that field yesterday." He was already moving toward the exit.

An agent came up and started discussing the casualties and injured of the explosion. Tony heard her out, gave a few directions, and she was on her way.

"We have more than one fire to put out. The bomb rigged was from an inside source that we're still trying to find," he explained. "Bruce is already on scene and I need to go there to remove debris that's likely crushing people to death."

No one could argue with that and truthfully, Bucky and Nat would be of more help alongside him than with Y/N, but Bucky knew he couldn't fight that fight without knowing Y/N was safe.

"I'll be an eye in the sky, but I have to do this first. Keep me in the loop on the coms," Tony nodded before leaving and changing into his suit.

"Whatever we're against, Rogers, we won't be able to punch ourselves out of this one," she informed Steve as they started moving to prepare for the battle ahead.

"Ok, so what's the game plan?" he asked, marching with a purpose.

"Barnes?" she asked him, not sure where to even start.

"Don't let Y/N die," he answered after a second. "I don't know how, but we've managed to survive all the times leading up to this one. Let's keep the streak up."

"Wow. Thanks. Didn't think about that one," Nat rolled her eyes.

"You said it yourself, Nat," Bucky sighed harshly as an agent moved around him timidly. His game face was on and many didn't care to be in his path when his eyes were that dark. "We can't really punch our way out of this one. Guns will probably be the equivalent of spitting on them, but it's better than watching from the sidelines and hoping it all works out."

"So fight as our lives depend on it, like usual?" She summed up. "What's new?"

"Any signs of other enhanced?" Steve asked trying to get an idea of their opponent.

"Yeah. One that hates the landscaping apparently," Nat grumbled in an annoyed way.

"What?" Steve turned to her with a confused look.

"Telekinesis of some kind," Bucky explained. "Whoever it is was throwing fully rooted trees at us like they were darts."

"Shit," Steve was shocked. "And we didn't hear that?"

"With the chaos of a quarter of the facility burning? Yeah, I think you were distracted."

"Y/N was keeping them from hitting us. Whatever form of telekinesis she has was stronger," Nat explained. "Which is why I think she and Wanda may be the power duo that saves us."