Chapter Twenty-One

Nothing was said and no sound came from Y/N's direction. Her eyes were locked on the screen as if she were analyzing every detail in the video.

"Y/N?" Bucky asked, moving some so he was in her peripherals.

"He's still alive?" she asked.

Everyone looked at each other, silently communicating whether or not to tell her.

"He's still alive," Tony answered realizing lies would get them nowhere.

"And we don't know where he's at?" She was still staring at the image of his face as it replayed over and over in front of her.

"For now," Bucky answered. "We'll have something soon though. Don't worry."

She seemed to snap out of it some and looked back at Bucky before down at the table.

"I don't have a name for him. No one called him anything besides Doctor or Sir," she said under her breath. "His face is more in my memories than his name." She froze, her head snapping back up. "I need to talk to Gabriel again."

It was getting late and they had been hit with new information and facts since the beginning of the day. Bucky didn't like he could see that she was clearly burning out, but the adrenaline and pure spite of the situation was what was fueling her at the moment.

"Why do you say that?" Tony asked.

"He'll know more of what we need," she replied.

"I thought you said no memories sparked with him," Tony was confused.

"Yeah, well... Things are coming back to me," she huffed. "Excuse me a moment."

She made her way out the glass doors and seconds before Bucky followed, Nat stopped him.

"Uh uh," she looked at him. "She'll be fine."

And he knew she was right, but his patience toward this day was growing thinner and thinner.

She was planning on going into the bathroom to take a second, but she knew Nat or Wanda would follow her in within the next minute and she needed more time than that.

So she scoped out a supply closet and made sure no one followed or saw her go in.

Since last night, she hadn't really been on her own for longer than 20 minutes and that one time was when she took a shower and was changing. Besides that, there was constantly someone supervising her.

Right now, what she needed more than anything was a second to collect her thoughts and not feel like she had to shush them. Her head had been screaming at her with new things coming forward every few minutes.

It happened a few times after the attack, but once she saw the things Wanda brought back, new flashes of things kept coming and forcing themselves to the surface.

She didn't remember hunkering down in a corner on the floor, but she was now in a ball with her knees in her chest and her hands covering her head as it throbbed trying to keep up with the memories flooding back.

"It'll only ever happen once, so don't think for a second you're getting out again," a voice hissed at her and she recognized it as the one who was calling her Pet earlier.

She cringed as she watched his hand come up and harshly grip her jaw before throwing it back down in a manner meant to hurt her.

"Hartly, up security and make her next cell impenetrable. If she gets out again, it'll be your head on a pike next time," he threatened looking furiously to the side. "And you'll see a side of torture you never even knew was possible."