seven

i woke up the next morning to my phone alarm going off, which i continuously hit snooze.

"julia, i swear to god if i hear your alarm one more time. just get up already!" mia barged into my room, pulling the blankets off of me.

i groaned and finally began to open my eyes and grab my phone.

"shit, now i only have 10 minutes to get ready!" i jumped out of bed.

"this is why you shouldn't hit snooze." she said. i finally looked up at her and she was already half way ready. wow.

"get out so i can get ready!" i pushed her back through the door with my eyes half opened.

i ran into the bathroom that connected to my room to wash my face and brush my teeth. when i finished with that, i quickly put on some mascara and headed back into my room.

i changed out of my shorts and tank top in which i slept in, and put on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, with a crop top underneath. i put on my jewelry and fixed my hair as best as i could before spraying some perfume. even through my rushing to get ready, i still felt like i could fall right back asleep. when i was finished getting ready, i walked out of my room and into the living room where mia was sitting.

"do you think we have time to get coffee?" i groaned and rubbed my eyes.

"no, but i did make you some if you want it."

"thank god and thank you!" i said and grabbed my cup off of the counter. "okay, let's go."

we walked out the door and down the porch steps onto the driveway. i climbed into the passenger seat as mia got in the drivers seat and started the car. she didn't let me drive because i was still half asleep.

i almost fell asleep in the car, thank god the ride is short, but i drank my coffee and started to feel more awake. pedri told me to get there 15 minutes early so he could let us in but we were a few minutes late.

we speed walked through the parking lot and to the doors where pedri was waiting by himself.

"hey," he smiled. "i was starting to think you weren't coming." he led us inside and we started our way to the field.

"somebody decided to wake up 10 minutes before we had to leave." mia said, sarcastically.

"sorry, it was an accident. i was so tired. but at least i'm here now!" i stoped walking and put on a bright smile towards the two of them. mia looked at me with a straight face as pedri laughed. eventually she had to laugh too.

"i'll forgive you this time." pedri smiled, slinging an arm over my shoulder. "i'll take you to your seats now but afterwards, if you want, you can meet some of the team."

mia practically jumped when she heard that. throughout all the years of crushing on ferran, she also grew to really like the team. she knew everyones name, position, and number. it came easy to her because she literally watched every single game. i don't remember a time that she didn't watch one. even when she was out, she found a way to watch at least some of it by playing it on her phone or sneaking off for a few minutes.

"that would be fun." i said even though i've never known any of their names except for ferran and now pedri and gavi.

we walked out onto the field and took the steps up into the stands and sat in the first row since no one else was here. the rest of the team must've been finishing up getting ready in the locker room because the field was empty.

"alright, i'll see you guys in like two hours." he smiled. "the rest of the team is getting their things on in the locker room so i'm going to go join them."

"okay, bye. have fun." i smiled back as he turned and jogged back into the stadium.

we sat enjoying the morning air which felt cool on our skin. thankfully, we were sitting on the side of the stadium that blocked the sun so it wasn't shining in our eyes.

a few minutes later, the team came out and started to warm up. ferran looked over and waved at mia. she blushed and waved back, pushing herself back into her seat. a few of the guys had seen ferran wave and looked our way, including gavi. we locked eyes for a second before i rolled mine and looked away.

i couldn't exactly hear what they were saying but some of them were pointing at pedri or over at me and laughing. he was blushing and telling them to shut up. he looked over at me and smiled once more before their coach called them into a huddle to start training.

"julia. are you guys dating yet? pedri was just blushing about you." mia smiled next to me.

"what? no he wasn't. he was probably just laughing at their jokes or something."

"um, no. did you hear what they were saying?"

"no?"

"ugh, of course. i know your hearing isn't the best, but mine is." she was right. she had freakishly good hearing and could hear things from the next room over if she tried.

"so?"

"they were calling you his girlfriend. and basically calling you hot." she shrugged like it was nothing.

i felt my cheeks flush, meaning my whole face had turned red. "you're making that up." i said.

"i'm not!"

"yeah, okay." i turned my face away in hopes that she didn't see me blushing.

"oh! now you're blushinggg!" she sang.

"shut up!" i hit her arm lightly and she quieted down.

"come on! tell me how you feel about him!"

"he's really sweet and i always look forward to the next time i'll get to talk to him or see him." i smiled to myself thinking about him. "and i can't lie and say he isn't attractive. because i do really enjoy looking at him."

"oh you've got it bad!" she laughed.

"maybe i do like him. but don't say a word!" i looked at her with a serious expression. "whatever you do, don't tell ferran."

"i won't. i promise." she still smiled and i trusted her.

"i don't want him to find out because if he doesn't feel the same-"

"he does! trust me!"

"you don't know that for sure."

"maybe not, but it's obvious."

"i just don't want it to be awkward between us. i don't want him to stop talking to me." i said. "but enough about me. how are you and ferran?"

"well, we've been hanging out a lot lately. he's taken me out to dinner and we've stayed at each other houses but he still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend."

"maybe he's afraid you won't say yes."

"please. i purposefully make it so obvious that i want to be his girlfriend." she said. "oh wait, i get it. he's clueless like you." she smiled.

"stop turning this on me." i rolled my eyes. "or maybe he's waiting for the right time." i shrugged.

"yeah, maybe."

we turned our attention back on their training session and watched them. it was more entertaining than i thought it would be. maybe it was just because i got to look at pedri for long periods of time, or maybe i was starting to enjoy watching their team like mia always hoped i would. it was probably a mix of both those things.

-