fourteen

i woke up with our legs tangled together and my head on his chest. just as we had fell asleep. i felt him trying to slip our from beneath me so i moved off of him.

"sorry, i didn't mean to wake you." he said, getting up. "it's time for me to leave." he smiled.

"okay." i said softly, still half asleep. "text me tomorrow sometime."

"i will. go back to sleep."

"okay, goodnight." i smiled and fell back asleep.

i woke up the next morning in pedri's bed, but no pedri. i remembered waking up in the middle of the night and seeing him leave, meaning he was already on his flight by now.

i took a deep breath before i pushed myself out of bed, making my way downstairs. as soon as i hit the landing, the smell of bacon hit my nose.

"good morning." i said, rubbing my eyes as i walked into the kitchen. gavi was cooking breakfast.

"good morning julia." he smiled as i sat at the kitchen island. "i'm making breakfast, do you want some?"

"how can i say no." i laughed and sat back as he finished making breakfast. it was already almost done so it went quick. it was quiet for a little bit, but not awkward. it was a comfortable silence.

he made bacon and eggs. once he was finished cooking, he took out two plates and split the food evenly on them.

"here you are." he smiled and pushed my plate in front of me before sitting next to me.

"thank you." i smiled. i took a bite but it wasn't anything special, it was good though.

"so you're coming to the game today?" he asked, making conversation.

"of course i am." i said and got up to grab a water bottle out of the fridge. "do you want one?" i asked.

"yes please." he smiled and i gave him one.

"why wouldn't i be going?"

"i don't know. because pedri isn't going?" it sounded like a question.

"no, were just friends."

"oh yeah, you talked about it last night right?"

"yeah, we agreed to not let what happened ruin our friendship and things will remain how they were."

"is that what you really want?"

"yeah," i hesitated. "i don't think we like each other and we haven't known each other long." i shrugged. i do have feelings for him, but i've come to terms with it being better this way.

"so what your saying is you don't want a relationship?" he asked.

"yes and no."

"what do you mean?"

"i mean we're young, he has a football career and i'm still trying to figure things out. a boyfriend would simply be a distraction. and i don't think i'm ready for a new relationship just yet, i just got out of one about a month and a half ago. but i'm not completely against it, i believe that the right person will come at the right time. whenever that is..." i rambled on. "sorry i just rambled."

"it's okay, what you're saying makes a lot of sense. i get you, especially about the ex."

"oh, that's right. you and your girlfriend just broke up not too long ago."

"yeah, sorry you had to witness that by the way. i didn't know you and pedri would walk in right in that moment."

"don't worry about it. that just means we've both done things we didn't expect the other to walk in on." i laughed.