eleven

opening the front door, i accidentally slammed it behind me. i ran down the driveway and jumped into the car mia and i share as fast as i could. i'm so grateful that ferran lives pretty close so that i didn't have to wait a long time.

"drive." i said, almost out of breath. wow, i'm so out of shape.

she reversed the car and sped out of the driveway and out of the neighborhood.

"okay, are you gonna tell me what happened?"

"yes, i just- i need a moment." i said, trying to regain my thoughts.

"okay then?" she said.

after kissing pedri, i felt like i couldn't think straight. all i could think of was him. most of the time, he's most of what i think of, but i can actually think of something else. i kept replaying the kiss in my head over and over again. i couldn't even speak.

"earth to julia!?" mia snapped her fingers in my face. "so?" she said as i turned to look at her. this girl is not patient at all.

"well, we kissed."

"OMG WHAT!? wait, why is this bad? shouldn't it be a good thing?" she said, confused.

"yes, it was amazing. but like- gavi walked in on it and so it got really awkward because he went to go apologize that he saw us making out-"

"MAKING OUT!?" she interrupted me. "i thought you said a kiss?"

"yeah, well same thing. i was like, on top of him i guess, and we were kissing for a few minutes. and like, we didn't hear the front door open so gavi saw us and he like got mad and walked away. i don't know why he was mad though. but anyways i really just needed to get out of there before it got too awkward." i rambled.

"sounds like you have two people after you." she shrugged.

"who?"

"gavi and pedri, obviously."

"no way. i'm not even sure if pedri likes me like that or if it was just an in the moment thing. and gavi hates me i think, he's always rude to me. like rolling his eyes or giving me dirty looks. plus we don't even talk."

"well, maybe you should've stayed so you could talk to pedri about what happened. and, lots of people are mean to the people they like when they don't want to admit feelings."

"first of all, no. too awkward. and second of all, i don't think that's the case." i said.

she pulled into the parking lot of our apartment complex and parked the car.

"you're so clueless." she said, shaking her head.

"i'm sorry i made you leave ferran. thank you so much for coming to get me." i said, unbuckling my seat belt.

"no problem, we were only watching a movie. we could get back to that anytime." she shrugged.

"but also, can you maybe tell ferran to go along with saying i had to help you with something today if pedri asks?"

"um why?"

"i may or may not have told him that i had to leave so suddenly because i forgot i was supposed to be helping you."

"okay, but you're gonna have to talk to him eventually."

"i know, but i'm dreading it." i facepalmed.

"why?"

"i'm nervous."

"it won't be bad. i promise."

"if you say so..." i said, unbuckling my seatbelt. "i hope you have a good time with ferran. i love you and thank you again. bye." i got out of her car.

"bye, i love you too. talk to pedri, okay?" and on that note, she reversed the car and drove out of the parking lot and back to ferran's house.

-

when i got home, it wasn't late or anything since their practice was in the morning and i didn't have anything else to do so i decided to just go to sleep.

when i woke up from my nap, i checked my phone. there was a missed call from pedri and a few texts. i opened up my phone and clicked on them.

hey.
i don't know if you got my call
or not but i think we should talk
whenever you're next free.
or, if you don't want to that's fine
too.
just text me back whenever you
see this.

hey, sorry i just saw my
phone.
mia and i have been pretty
busy sorry.
yeah we can talk, when do
you want to?

well, you can come over or
something?
or we could go out to dinner.
i don't want to talk over text
though.
just let me know when you're free
next.

i can come over in an hour
or so if that's okay?

sounds perfect.

also mia went back to ferran's
so are you able to pick me
up maybe?

of course. i'll be there in
an hour.

thank you.

shit, what have i gotten myself into. i don't even know why i told him i'd come tonight. maybe because i really wanted to see him again, but that was besides the point. the point is, i signed myself up for something that i shouldn't have because i'm basically shaking from nervousness right now.i opened my texts with mia again.

little problem.
i'm going to pedri's to talk
with him in an hour.
i'm so nervous.

don't be. it'll go great.
i'm glad you guys are going
to talk.

i got up and hopped into the shower because if i was going to go see him, i'd at least try to look and smell good so he won't reject me too hard.

i tried to keep it simple and cute so i just put on some sweatpants and a crop top. i did some mascara and put on my jewelry before spraying some perfume. i put on some old tennis shoes.

i finished just on time because when i checked my phone, pedri had just texted saying he was here. i took the stairs instead of the elevator, hoping that it would calm my nerves a bit, and take up a bit of time. when i finally reached the bottom, i walked out through the lobby and found his car.

"hey," i smiled at him while getting in.

"hey." he smiled back. he started driving again and we shortly arrived at his house, saying nothing the whole ride, only listening to some faint music.

-