fifteen

after passing for a little bit, gavi asked if we could switch to 1v1s. of course i agreed, i just wanted to help him with his confidence today.

obviously, i was even worse at 1v1s than i was at passing a ball. he kept the ball from me with ease and dribbled right around.

"this is so hard." i said, crossing my arms over my chest. "i told you to go easy on me."

"i am going easy on you." he chuckled.

"well, not easy enough obviously." i said.

"here, how about you try taking the ball and i'll defend." he shrugged and passed the ball over to me.

i dribbled away from him but he caught up to me quickly and took the ball right from my feet.

"ow!" i over exaggerated and fell to the ground.

"julia, are you okay?" he forgot about the ball and knelt down next to me. "what hurts?"

"my ankle." i lied, trying to hold back a smile.

"let me help you get up." he stood up and put his hand out for me to grab.

i took it and smiled before i pulled him down onto the ground, right next to me.

"okay that was rude." he said laying still with a smile on his face, softly chuckling.

i started laughing so hard and stood up, this time putting out my hand for him to grab.

"i'm sorry." i said between laughs. "forgive me."

"fine, but only this once." he said and grabbed my hand. before i knew it, i landed down on top of him after he pulled me like i did to him. "ha. payback." he laughed.

"okay that was rude." i mocked him as i sat up.

"it's only fair." he shrugged while both of us stood up.

"i don't think you're benefiting from me playing with you." i laughed a bit. "why don't i sit while you finish."

"you're like better than messi and ronaldo combined." he stated.

"yeah right." i laughed out loud and lightly pushed his shoulder. "go train or something." i said and sat down.

i watched for a bit as he juggled and shot a few balls. after he was finished, i stood up and we made our way back inside.

"mia just texted, she's about to pull in." i said as we both sat on the couch.

"okay." he sighed. "i had a lot of fun today."

"me too." i smiled softly and he did it back.

"i'll see you later at the game then?"

"of course." i got up off the couch and grabbed my top. "oh yeah, do you want this shirt back?"

"nah, you can keep it." he said.

"okay, thanks." i turned around and walked to the door. when i got there, i glanced back and gavi and he was watching me. our eyes locked and he waved so i mimicked his motion, then turned and walked out the door.

-

"which jersey are you gonna wear?" mia asked me when we got ready.

"i don't know. probably just one without a name."

"why don't you wear pedri's?"

"he's not even going to be there. and i told you we were just going to stay friends."

"then wear gavi's." she suggested. "from what i heard, you guys really hit it off today."

"i don't like him like that. now i don't want to talk about this anymore."