eight

towards the end of the practice, the team decided to scrimmage. lewandowski and busquets got to be team captains. busquets picked pedri first, while lewandowski picked gavi. ferran ended up on lewy's team.

they started the scrimmage easily and passed around. after a while, the ball was played behind the defensive line and pedri ran onto it. he shot it at the goal and it went right past ter stegen and hit the net.

"ooooooh, pepi's showing off for his girlfriend!" ansu yelled. he had been put on pedri's team.

"she's not my girlfriend." pedri smiled a little bit, lowering his voice but i could still hear.

"maybe not now, but she will be!" ferran said back to him.

i heard them all so clearly because they walking very close to where mia and i were sitting, and they were talking very loudly. ansu even turned around to look at me and smiled.

the two boys laughed and pedri smiled, his cheeks red. he murmured something very quietly that i couldn't hear. they got back into their positions.

"blushing yet again." mia turned to look over at me.

"shut up." i said. "did you hear the last thing pedri said? i didn't."

"yeah."

"what was it?"

"he said he wishes."

i blushed even harder and turned my focus back to the practice. they had restarted the game and the ball was passed back to pedri. he began to dribble up the field, on the side closest to us.

out of no where, gavi sprinted up next to him. he defended him but pedri slightly got past and played tried to pass it to ansu. gavi slid into him, completely missing the ball, making them both end up on the ground.

"what was that?" xavi, their coach yelled. he had a rule that stated no slide tackling or anything else that might cause someone an injury during scrimmages. he wanted to keep his players safe and healthy for real games.

gavi pushed himself up off the ground and moved away from pedri without saying anything. ansu came over to him and helped him up since he was nearby.

"i wonder what his problem is." he said to pedri, only allowing him to hear. we heard it too because they were right in front of us.

"i don't know either." pedri shrugged.

they got back to playing and gavi stayed away from him the rest of practice. pedri's team ended up winning and when it was over, they all gathered in a huddle. when xavi finished talking, the guys stood around and talked for a bit while pedri waved mia and i over.

"hey." he smiled when we approached. mia walked right over to ferran, who was standing right next to pedri, and they hugged.

"hi." i smiled. "impressive training session." i complimented the team.

"so, you're the girl pedri is always blushing about?" ansu stepped forward.

out of the corner of my eye i saw gavi walk off the field and towards the locker rooms. does he really hate me that much that he can't stand in the same group of people as me?

i looked back and ansu and laughed as pedri punched his arm. i wonder if he really does blush about me.

"so you coming to the game tomorrow?" ferran asked mia and i.

"of course we are. i just got our tickets last night." mia said.

"i never knew we were going. why didn't you tell me you got tickets?" i asked her quietly.