Interlude 2: Dragonic memories

3rd POV

Far far away compared to where Rimuru is now,there is the northern continent,covered in icy cold snow,with an incredibly cold temperature.

There is a big castle in the middle of the snow,inside the castle there are a few individuals living there.

One of them is now sitting in her room,staring blankly into the air.

As she was thinking,she had a glimpse of a triangular prism object at the edge of the room in a small little box along side a mysterious mask and a unknown object. So long that somehow,this prism still remains in perfect shape,thanks to perfect perseverance.

 So long that somehow,this prism still remains in perfect shape,thanks to perfect perseverance

The white haired girl mumbled in a small voice,as if she was whispering.

"I wish he hadn't died because of that beast of destruction...

it's been so long...

so long that I missed him so much ever since the day he was no longer here with us..

I missed his care,his voice,his face,his touch,everything about him...

I just..wanted him to be back...

and be with us like we all did in the past,in those times before that day came.."

As Velzard mumbled,she remembered more things,memories kept rushing towards her eyes.

She remembered those times,clear as the water.

—----------------

It's a cloudy day today,things were still the same in this double floored house,as usual

Velzard was calmly sleeping,lying on her bed.

Then she heard a whisper she was looking forward to the most.

"Velzard,wakey wakey,it's already morning even though today is cloudy!"

She was expecting this,in fact,this is one of the many moments she was looking forward to experiencing everyday.

Getting woken up by Satoru.

Since he would have just woken her up if she overslept,Velzard sometimes would have just pretended to be asleep just to get him to come into her room and wake her up by himself.

One reason is for the hairstrokes and headpats that she loved the most.

It's not like he won't give them at normal times,he would. But she just loves the feeling of waking up and getting patted or stroked on the hair by Satoru.

Today is another day that she acts like she is still sleeping.

"Man,is she oversleeping again? Well,I guess it's something that happens on a normal basis for quite some time already so it's a normal guess.."

'Satoru is here! I'm going to get headpats again yippee!'

"Oh right,I almost forgot that I already took out the ingredients for waffles from the fridge already so I need to be quick,I guess I will just carry her and put her on the sofa to let her wake up naturally.'

He mumbled to himself,not knowing that Velzard is actually just pretending to be sleeping.

'C-C-Carried by Satoru?? I-Is this really happening? I'm not dreaming right-'