Chapter 21: Night walk

Rimuru's POV:

Ah geez,what's the time now? The skies were already dark before I realized it,I see it definitely passed dinner time already. Diablo would be still at Farmus dealing with shitty politics that I myself this life apart from the responsibilities as a ruler,tried to prevent interacting.

Yet he's already back some time ago because of how quickly it obeys our demands and the entire matter resolved on itself,thanks to Veldanava's support alone. Either out of fear,or respect,they didn't do anything stupid,and acted as they should have been.

Good,good. We can have less shit to deal with,consider that after the weapon testing earlier today morning,till now I'm torturing myself with work.

And humans really never change.

But now,I should really be getting up from this chair,away from these paperwork and finding something to eat. Man,having a human body as a slime really gave me back many human privileges i enjoyed in the past,not gonna lie.

Perhaps I should check on Velda? I know that for sure he is either still testing the usefulness of the set of clone trooper armor blueprint,or he had already done with it and was enjoying himself at god knows where.

<Perhaps master tonight want to have some alone?>

'Ah Ciel,you can truly read minds,even my subconscious too,hm?'

'You...can say that,Ciel. That sounds really appealing for an idea.'

<Fufu,I'm your assistant. Of course!>

Well,expressing your ego every once a while in a good manner is completely acceptable,so I'm not against that.

But just don't do it Veldora level,and I by that means overly expressing,very over.

Eitherway,I should just stop thinking and go somewhere else. This office bores me to hell!

"Oh,Rimuru-sama. Going somewhere?"

As soon as I took my first step out of my office and into the hallway,I was greeted by Benimaru who was coincidentally passing by on the way to the exit.

"Yo! Yeah,I am going to find something to eat now,although I suppose it's quite late already being 10 late in the night,but still they shouldn't all be closed just yet."

"I see. Well,wanna tag along? I want some food too,now that you mention it." The horned general suggests it to me,and I find no reason not to accept it.

"Sure! I don't see why not." I said as I joined him and we left the level and down to the next,the last and finally out of the building.

We walked through the streets,gaining less attention than usual due to the time and the fact that many are already back at their homes resting. We continued walking while chatting about various topics as we are trying to find some interesting store that catches our attention enough.

For a while,we see that the ones we are interested in are all but closed,so we tried a different target list.

Bars.

Yep,we shifted from good meals to good nights & drinks.

And it didn't take us long to find one.

"Look Benimaru pal! There's one flashy one there,why don't we pay them a visit? You say?"

I pointed joyfully at a still opening bar with some monsters and people going in and out,to which Benimaru also takes notice.

"Yeah,let's do it!" He agreed and we walked and entered the bar,gaining the eyes of many.

"Hey,start something. The entire bar's tone and noises instantly shutted down as we entered seconds ago."

"What?! Why me,my lord?!" Although we are whispering at this point,I could swear that benimaru still,almost shouted out loudly.

"Just do it."

He gulps before stepping in front one step and awkwardly waves to everyone staring at us.

"Hey,don't mind us..yeah! Don't mind us being here! Me and my lord just wanted some time going here and there,so,please continue with your businesses!"

Still the silence. Not helping,Benimaru.

"Say something else,goddammit!" I whispered to him,which he desperately replied,although still whispering.

"What do you expect me to say?! I'm a general,not a man specializing in super charisma!"

As we were secretly bickering,finally one of the customers started a word.

"A-are you the real deal?! Benimaru, the one from posters,the general of the Tempest military?!"

That's a human one,probably an adventurer,and a female one.

Ooooh,your girl fans Beni!

"Yeah,I am." Benimaru replies.

"Then is that..the Demon lord besides you,Rimuru Tempest?!" She then proceeds to point at me instead of Benimaru,again in visible shock.

"Oh,me? Guess so,hello there!" I casually waves at her,just like what I always do with people that recognise me.

But this time,maybe it's not that much of a good idea I thought it would be!

"That's the demon lord?! I didn't expect him to look exactly like and height as tall as described! So handsome!"

"Benimaru-sama is still as cool as always!~"

Ahem,Benimaru,your girl fans are literally everywhere.

"Can I have a signature please?"

"To think that I would meet the demon lord himself in such a place,the luck of my life is going to run out!"

"Say,are you married?!"

Okay,okay,I heard some really weird and I mean WEIRD questions!