Chapter 32: A tempest unleashed

3rd POV:

"Alright everyone,listen up!" Shouted Rimuru,as he began his mission debriefing to the 501st legion.

"You will be divided into two teams,one defending Tempest and the other will set off for Farmus to aid in our allies as reinforcements. I have already sent Gabiru,Geld and Hakuro there,while you all will follow suit."

"Your mission is to assist Youm and his allied forces to take down the opposing faction and destroy other threats in the nation,remember,there will be enemy reinforcements incoming mid battle,be prepared."

He said to all the troopers as they listened carefully,including Garvoc,Gravis,Revan and Rain,who stood beside,often glimpsing at the gigantic Venator behind the glass of the conference room.

"Gravis,you will lead half of the 501st to Farmus on board the Equilibrium,Revan's flagship now. Garvoc and Rain will lead the other half in defense of Tempest against those Saints. Do I make myself clear!?"

"Sir yes sir!"

"Louder!"

"Sir yes sir!"

"Good,now pack your things and head to your posts!"

The soldiers then all swiftly scattered across the base,some preparing to board the Venator,while the others either stayed or returned to the surface as they started to prepare for the inevitable battle.

"Can't believe a suggestion turned into a reality rather fast." Revan,now completely freed from the holocron,walked up to Rimuru as he said.

"I know. Tell those people to back down,but they won't." Rimuru sighed. "I assume that you are ready to lead the attack?"

"Indeed."

"Remember to show Rain how you commanded your troops after the job was done on both of our sides. You know,she still has much to learn from you."

"Surely." Revan then turned to the demon,crossing his arms still. "Do your part well too,Rain. I believe in your potential as a strategist and a fighter,perhaps apart from me,your lord would be another great teacher in terms of both expertises."

"I understand." The demon replied as she nodded her head.

While they were conversing,Rimuru suddenly remembered something as his then serious face softened in response,such a change in mood didn't go unnoticed by the other two individuals beside him.

"My lord? Is something wrong?" Rain asked with concern in her tone.

"Hey,what's with that?" Revan said as he looked at his friend with confusion.

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"Your face,you know. Since when did you think that you could hide it from us?"

"Nothing serious. I just remembered someone,someone that I haven't talked with in thousands of years in my life during my previous one,one of my closest friends and comrades,I knew him even before meeting Veldanava.."

He said as he thought,starting to smile heartwarmingly as he remembered the days when he had a team,before their numbers dwindled to only him and the other.

Both of them took on so many missions and tasks,an iconic duo to all that knew them,before the other entered a seemingly eternal slumber while having Veldanava to preserve his soul,that everyone assumed that he was no more even so.

As one of his closest friends,Rimuru as Satoru before,properly buried them somewhere far away,far from any civilization and humans. Where he laid all of his belongings there along with the grave and his body.

Respect,of course,while remembering the words he said.

"Do me that favor,Satoru? I might be away for a while,but perhaps I will return from the slumber."

"Of course,my friend. Your wish is safe in my hands,your soul,your everything will be safe,Saber." Satoru said to his friend as he watched them lying on the floor of a dark tomb.

"Fufu,for all times you still upheld your promise." They smiled.

"The promise to never reveal your true name and gender to anyone who doesn't know,I intend to keep it. Until the day you say so." He replied.

"This time as it might be our last time talking,as your friend,I can give you a special allowance this time."

"I see. I hope that we will meet again,maybe in a more peaceful age where our life has no conflicts existing,and we have no missions to carry out."

"Yeah,I hope so." The person said one last time as they closed their eyes,the wind that surrounded them stopped,causing their braid to finally fall.

"Our time has been great,just if you can grow taller.." Satoru sighed as he put their weapon next to their body,looking at them before turning around and closing the floor as the body sank within it,after he pulled out a cube and sucked his friend's soul within and containing it.