Chapter 27: The imminent fight

Rimuru's POV:

"I will be back soon." Notifying Diablo,I stood up from my seat as I prepared to make my leave.

"I would love to stay for a little longer but it seems that there are businesses back in Tempest for me to attend to." I said to Myourmiles as he nodded in understanding.

"No worries,you are always welcome to come here anytime,Rimuru-sama. Do you need an escort or not?"

"I don't,I can go back myself. See you next time,I hope our deal gains us profit."

I then soon left the store and found myself a little hidden alleyway which I teleported back to my office at Tempest while sending a message to every single executive,no matter available or not.

Why? Heh,obvious. This is an urgent matter regarding the movements of the Church.

"All available executives that received this message,report to the meeting room in 5 minutes for an urgent meeting of recent events. This meeting is your current highest priority." I sent out the message through our mental connections while making my way towards the meeting hall.

'This would also be a good chance to summarize what happened recently,such as the aftermath of Clayman's army and Walpurgis. Time actually passed rather slowly as only weeks passed while the load of things made it feel like months.' I thought.

Indeed,what's happening in the world now simply wasn't the same as what would be happening in the ancient times,especially during my active years of my first reincarnation as the enforcer of the god's will. Such old times.

Millions of years ago,my first reincarnation started as a mere human with a new face.I achieved more and more power throughout my years. This process was accelerated after I met Veldanava.

I became a divine human,I achieved great strength that put me only under Veldanava in the whole world in terms of power,enough to defeat other true dragons easily. I am his right hand as I stretched out his influence throughout every corner of the world.

There is peace,the amount of conflicts so less that I can actually step down and retire from active duty. My growth did not stop,however. It continued,it went so far that during my prime state,I went toe to toe evenly against the prime Ivarage,the embodiment of destruction and evil.

I was such a being,a human that held such otherworldly powers,not even a monster to begin with.

People welcomed me with open arms,truth in their hearts.

Rulers of kingdoms,empires alike bowed to me willingly out of simple respect.

Now,I might not feel like this if I had never regained my memories of my previous reincarnation during the Walpurgis. But the state of the world now disappointed me,truly.

Humans waged wars,open or secret. They fake emotions and act solely for their gains,selfish,how selfish and foolish they are now for the most of their majority.

But I remember now,I remember what once the world was in millions of years before,and I swear that I would return it to what it should be.

And the present along with the past aids me in my mission,and I know clearly that the holy knights are one of the obstacles that will be neutralized.

'Talking about the past,if they were here,things would be much easier. I wonder how they are doing now?' I shook my head as I smirked slightly,before crossing the corridors of the hall to the room.

—--------------------------------------------------

3rd POV:

The strongest Saint in Ruberios,Captain of the Crusaders and the head knight of the Holy emperor's Imperial guard.

That is who the individual Hinata Sakaguchi is.

She holds a rather important place in the ranks,a strict boss to many under her lead but with respect.

But does that mean she has no troubles in her mind? Wrong,that is.

And this time,such troubles are about the new demon lord,Rimuru Tempest.

The birth of a new demon lord is always a big matter,not to mention the reorganization of the "Octagram'' ,the return of the god Veldanava with his support placed on Tempest,and other matters such as the Falmuth aftermath.