Chapter 10: Not getting dull

3rd POV:

The icebergs crumbled upon the force and energy injected upon the frozen lands with every single impact of the fighters, and the thrill of the duel raged on.

Despite a difference in the choice of weapons, Revan was no amateur and was still keeping up the movements of Rimuru as they continued this performance.

*Clang*

"Haha, your paste keeps up well! I see that you have grown well in the arts of swords even in the dead?"

Revan said, parrying the strike from Rimuru like a slice of butter that goes straight for his neck, but the latter evaded in time and leaped backward to reposition.

"Having come back to life recently doesn't mean I would just forget everything I learned before!" Rimuru returned with a swirling attempt for the hilt of the violet lightsaber, but his plans were foiled by the tip of the crimson one.

"That was too obvious." Revan mocked, swinging his second lightsaber to meet Rimuru's katana, adding more force to press his opponent down.

"If you could do that, I can do that as well!" Smirking, Rimuru overpowered Revan and kicked him in his chest, sending him rolling on the ground as he followed up with a leap.

After a second, Revan immediately got back up and saw the danger from the skies, rolling away to avoid the powerful slash that sliced the icebergs into a thousand fractions.

"Oops." Noticing that he was now falling as he had destroyed his footing with his attack, the demon lord sighed and darted across the surfaces of the scraps of ice and hopped onto the other side in a flash, facing Revan again.

Generating a plan in his mind, he threw his katana as a projectile at him before starting dashing himself at his enemy.

Confused, Revan dodged the flying projectile with ease and ran too at the defenseless Rimuru, in no way would such a chance be wasted in a duel!

'No matter what kind of trick he is pulling, an opportunity is an opportunity, even if its risks are high. Not mentioning this opening!' Revan thought.

As they meet, Revan delivers a sly slash at Rimuru's chest that melts through the descending snowflakes, but the latter jumps up mid-air and stretches out his arm at his katana, stuck into the thick layers of ice in the ground.

Grasping the opportunity presented, Revan targeted the mid-air Rimuru and threw his crimson lightsaber at the defenseless combatant.

Just as the lightsaber was at millimeters away from stabbing Rimuru across his chest from the left side, Rimuru shook everyone with a simple shout.

"Come to me, Void!"

The Katana shook and launched out of the hard ice right back to his owner in his grip, followed by Rimuru stopping the danger at his side by grabbing the hilt and turning it away from him in time at his hands.

Landing, both returned in a staredown as they stood in respective stances with their eyes fixed as predators without paying mind to the freezing environment they were in.

They continued to fight as they clashed with each other relentlessly after each time they stopped, their flows were swift and clean, leaving down imaginary trails behind as they were swung.

Revan, losing his crimson blade, caught an opening and spun to fixate his right arm in occupation, catching him off guard while the other hand went for the crimson saber in his left hand and snatched it away.

Noticing the impending threat, Rimuru retracted his arm in time and dodged the sinking strike from the violet saber while meeting the end of the crimson one with his katana just in time, both weapons clashing and sparks flew.

Revan—renowned as the Revanchist, honored as the Revan, reviled as Revan the Butcher, dreaded as the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Revan, and praised as the Prodigal Knight, rarely had such an opponent lasting this long against him in a duel with pure skill apart from Rimuru.

He did teach him and was one of the inspirations of his old disciple's fighting style combinations, but all the moves he is using now are developed by himself from experience.