32) Triple C

[Author's Note: Triple C stands for Confrontation, Conflict, and Confusion

{5.20.2013} Edited through and corrected grammatical and spelling errors

X-men Characters in this chapter: Sabertooth (), Wolverine (Logan), Nightcrawler (Kurt), and Multiple (Jamie)

StormFireGirl's OC: Bio-hazard (A.J.)

OCs: the Shadow (Marcus), and Panther (Emery)]

Halfway down the driveway to the cabin, Wolverine was sniffing the air. He growled and slammed on the breaks. Before the others could react, he was out of the vehicle and racing towards the woods.

"Where does he think he's going?" Multiple asked.

"No clue," Bio-hazard responded.

~

"He's here! He's here! No, no, no, no. This is too soon. She's not ready. She isn't ready."

Panther came stumbling into the kitchen, one hand on her forehead.

"I don't feel so good."

Marcus looked at her. 'Shit, I forgot to put the collar back on her,' he thought. "Emery, why don't you sit down?"

"Nn." She let him guide her to a seat at the table. He began to rub at her neck. She began to purr. He used his powers to levitate the collar off of the counter and within his grasp. As quickly as he could, he moved to refasten the collar around her neck. He wasn't fast enough. Emery expanded a bubble from her body instantaneously, knocking him backwards, and sending the collar tumbling across the floor. He caught himself mid fall and dispelled her bubble. She turned to look at him.

"Why would you even try such a thing?" she glared at him. "I can hear you," she said standing up. "I can feel you. In fact, I know exactly what your plans are for me. I won't be part of them. I won't be a part of anyone's plans: never again."

"Emery."

"No!" A whip of plasma shot out and nailed him in the chest. "I know I'm dangerous! I know I don't have much control over my powers, but you cannot use me to bait another person. You cannot use me to murder another person: regardless of the amount of wrong-doings a person has done. You cannot use me at all!" She shot goo at him, some of which he dodged, some of which clamped onto his clothes and skin.

~

"We should follow him. Maybe he decided just to go the rest of the way on foot to get more of a surprise on Marcus," Multiple suggested.

"Good idea Jamie, let's go," Bio-hazard said getting out of the car, Multiple and Nightcrawler not far behind her. They snuck quickly up the rest of the drive and stuttered to a stop when they reached the yard. Wolverine and Sabertooth were rolling around, teeth bared and fists swinging.

"Vhat is he doing here?" Kurt complained, confused.

"What are we going to do? I was kinda banking on Wolverine to distract Marcus since he's the one that knows Marcus best," Bio-hazard mumbled. "With him focused on Sabertooth, how do you expect us to beat Marcus?"

"Vith Emery's help."

The three of them snuck over to the cabin and peaked in through the front window. When Kurt's eyes landed on Emery and Marcus fighting each other he called out her name.

~

Emery pulled the collar with her mental powers and flung it at Marcus. Marcus pushed back. The collar floated shakily between the two of them as their powers clashed.