36) Tension

[Author's Note:

{5.23.2013} edited

X-Men Characters in this Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt), and the Professor (Charles Xavier)

OCs: Panther (Emery), and Chet]

Around nine o'clock the next morning, the Professor received a knock on his office door.

"Come in," he called. Kurt came in, closing the door behind him gently.

"You vonted to see me Professor?"

"Indeed. Have a seat," he gestured to one of the chairs in front of his desk. When Kurt took a seat, he continued. "Late last night Emery returned home."

"Sie did?!" Kurt stood up.

"Please sit down, Kurt." Kurt followed the Professor's instruction. "You're aware that she had returned to her hometown to see someone by the name of Chet."

"Ja," Kurt grunted and sat back against the seat, his arms falling onto the armrests.

"Well she found him."

Kurt looked to his left, avoiding eye contact even though he knew the Professor could read his mind if the Professor chose.

"But she came back," his tone was hopeful.

"And with her came the boy Chet."

"Vhy vould he come here?"

"It seems that Chet has developed a mutation of his own."

"He ist a mutant? Glaube ist nicht."

"He is. However, according to Dr. McCoy, Emery seems to be the only one, besides Chet himself that knows of Chet's abilities. I wanted to talk to you before you ran into her or Chet to tell you to be careful."

"Careful? I am nicht afraid of him."

"And that is why I am worried. I am letting him stay here, but since they arrived home around three this morning, I did not question Chet. He is aware that in order to stay here he must have mutant abilities. Which Cerebo and Emery can attest to the validity of that. However, Dr. McCoy tells me that there was a lot of tension between the two, before he showed up and in the car on the ride home. Emery requested that Chet's room be placed as far away from hers as possible."

"Gut."

"If Chet wishes to stay, I am not going to tell him he can't. As a mutant he has the right to be here if he should choose."

Kurt made a 'hmph' sound.

"I understand things are a little tense between you and Emery right now, and I am aware that Chet being here has the potential to cause problems."

"Ja, it might."

There came a knock on the door.

"Yes?" the Professor called.

The door opened and Chet's voice came floating in. "Hello Professor, you said you wanted to talk to me today? I came as soon as I got directions."

"Ah, Chet. I wasn't expecting you so early. Kurt, would you excuse us?"

"Natürlich, Professor," Kurt said flatly, standing up and turning towards the door.

"Kurt? You're Kurt?" Chet asked. Their eyes met, assessing one another.

"Ja, und you're Chet."

~

Chet looked at the blue daemon in front of him: tail and all. What did Emery see in him? He was blue. And fuzzy. He could understand that this guy had a tail like her, but besides that he didn't get it. Kurt was shorter than him: not by much. Maybe a few inches. He stood at six feet even. At least he looked normal. Emery's ears and tail were adorable once you got over the shock of them being real. Role play, for real. And with that thought his mind drifted into the gutter. He shuddered mentally at the thought of Emery having sex with this daemon of a guy. Why would she even want to? Hopefully if things went well, he could talk her out of being with this guy and back to being with him.

~

Kurt found the guy before him normal. This guy could pass as human: no mutant genes. Decent looking, but he was a guy, how was he supposed to know what girls found attractive? Emery found Chet attractive, his mind taunted him. Marcus had told him, and Emery had confirmed that Emery and Chet had... had sex together. Kurt felt his heart twang. Kurt understood that it had happened before Emery had met him, but that didn't mean it didn't haunt him a little. It was worse now that Chet was actually going to be here. Kurt wondered what had happened between Chet and Emery before Herr McCoy had brought them home. The fact that Herr McCoy had told the Professor that there had been a lot of tension between the two meant nothing of that sort had happened. Right? He wasn't sure, and he wasn't sure he wanted to find out either.

He stepped around Chet and closed the door behind him.

Kurt had to know. Maybe he was a glutton for punishment, but he had to know what happened between Emery and Chet last night. He made his way up to Emery's room, walking to give himself time to think about how to phrase his words when he asked Emery about last night. She was dangerous. Everyone at the Institute knew that. He certainly stood no chance against her should she turn against him. He accepted the fact that if Emery didn't want to tell him what happened, then he probably wasn't going to get the answer from her. And he didn't trust Chet to tell him the truth.

As far as Kurt knew, Chet had hurt Emery back in high school. Chet didn't care about Emery. Chet was just unfortunate enough to be a mutant. He sighed. No, from the way everyone was acting Chet still liked Emery, and his mutation was going to be his white flag.

Kurt stopped outside Emery's bedroom and knocked on the door. She didn't answer and she didn't open it. He knocked again.

"Emery, it's Kurt," he called through the door.

Still no answer. He tried the doorknob and found it locked. Well at least she was inside. Now he faced the issue: should he teleport inside or leave her alone? Something must have happened last night. Something not good if Emery was locking herself away from the world. 'Bitte, not sex. Bitte, not sex,' Kurt thought to himself as he teleported into her room. He only moved two feet forward, just far enough into her room to be on the other side of her locked door.

His foot landed on something. He looked down and found a piece of cloth. Kurt picked it up to look at it. It was... it was a shirt, the one that she'd been wearing when she'd left Marcus' cabin yesterday. His gaze drifted upwards. There were her pants. And there she was, lying on her bed, partially curled, partially on her stomach, with her face turned away from him. Kurt blushed. She was only in her undergarments. He knew he should leave and let her sleep, but he quickly walked over to the bed and snatched up one of the blankets. He draped it over her body. Sitting down on the edge of her bed, Kurt reached out a hand and shook her shoulder.

"Emery, wake up," Kurt said softly.

"Hmm?" she moaned groggily, slowly waking up.

"Em, wake up," he said a little louder.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at him. Upon seeing Kurt's face, she sat up quickly. Her arms wrapped around his neck, her torso pressed flush against his, and her face buried into his neck.

"Kurt," she murmured.

"I think ve need to talk, Em," Kurt said blushing, keeping his hands awkwardly at his sides.

She pulled away, a sad look on her face. Kurt's eyes drifted down to her bra, and then he quickly looked away.

"But you should get dressed first," he said.

Emery looked down, noticing she wasn't wearing anything and a blush began to spread on her face as well. She nodded in agreement.

[Author'Note: Kurt is actually 5'9 and Emery is 5'6

{5.22.2013} glaube is nicht = don't believe it

{5.22.2013} gut = good

{5.22.2013 natürlich = of course

{5.22.2013} bitte = please]