38) Two Sides of Protectiveness

[Author's Note: All right fair warning for those of you that bother to read my little author's notes: I cannot guarentee a pg-13 rating after this chapter. I will try, but Kurt and Emery are going to have to have sex at some point. So... yup there's your fair warning.

{6.2.2013} published

X-men Characters in this Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt, and Multiple (Jamie)

StormFireGirl's OC: Bio-hazard (A.J.)

OCs: Panther (Emery) and Chet]

A week after Chet arrived at the Institute, everyone had fallen back into their schedules, teaching or attending a class. In a couple more weeks, the younger students would be sent off to school, and only those who had graduated high school, or those who were too old to go, would be left in the mansion during the day.

The members of the two teams sent to retrieve Bio-hazard had woken up, and seemed to be fine, albeit a little angry. Marcus Preed was locked in a special prison, the dispelling collar locked around his neck, and his limbs restrained.

~

"Emery, don't you think it's time to tell me what Chet can do?" Kurt asked, spotting her. It was Wednesday, August 29th, at 2:18pm, and she was bench pressing weights: just enough to work her arm muscles for the next fifteen minutes.

"No," she said curtly.

"Are you afraid of him?"

Emery set the weights down and in one smooth movement, moved off the bench and over to the hand weights.

"You've been avoiding him all week, using your abilities to run away so you don't cross paths. Or having me teleport somewhere he can't follow. I've never seen you run away from anyone before." He didn't move from his spot by the bench as he talked to her.

She ignored him.

"Ernsthaft! Emery!" he exclaimed. "If he still has it in for you, dann don't you think its fair zu let me know vhat we're up against?"

She whirled around and threw the hand weights down in front of her. They clanged together as they crashed on the floor.

"Kurt!" she said angrily. Then she closed her eyes and took a breath to calm her emotions, lest they spiral out of control.

"Why didn't you show me the part where Beast picked you guys up? Vhat happened Emery? Vhat can he do? Vhat did he do?"

"He isn't an enemy! He may be a jerk, and he may want me back, but he's not an enemy."

"Then why are you so anxious about his abilities?"

"Because I don't know how to fight against them! There I said it! I don't think my abilities will be any use against his." 

Kurt paled. Her powers: useless?

"What... are they?"

"I don't know what to call it."

"But," Kurt encouraged.

"When he comes in contact with someone, he can control them."

"What?"

"All he needs is skin contact, and then the person will do whatever he tells them to."

"For how long?"

"Until he falls asleep I think."

"Vhat did he make you do?"

"What?" she asked confused.