3) So You Are

[Author's Note: I apologize for the shortness, but it wanted to end there. I promise I'm not just gonna stop writing. I will finish I'm just slow XD

{5.20.2013} Just edited through and fixed a few little things

X-Men Characters In This Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt)

OC: Panther (Emery)]

The girl sat on the kitchen counter, her eyes flickering between the door and Kurt. Kurt on the other hand, didn’t look up at her. He efficiently whipped up a batch of pancakes and cooked them until they were golden brown.

Breakfast now laid out before them, Kurt dug in. Piling half of the stack of pancakes onto his plate and coating them in butter and syrup. The girl took a couple pancakes and ate them slowly, watching Kurt scarf down his large portion.

When Kurt finished his food, he looked up to see the girl staring at him. He didn’t feel any pressure in his brain, so he knew she wasn’t prying. So why was she staring?

She piled the rest of the pancakes onto his plate with her mind.

He blinked. “Do you use your mind for everything?”

As a response she threw the bottle of syrup at him telepathically.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

He continued to eat at his food, watching her, watch him. Placing his silverware down on the plate he asked,

“Is there something wrong?”

She put the dishes in the sink.

“You really should stop using your mind for everything. You’ll just get lazy und out of shape, not to mention exhaust yourself.”

She ignored him and hugged her knees.

After a moment of silence, Kurt couldn’t take it.

“Alright, there has to be a reason you don’t talk at all.”

She ignored him.

“Vill you at least tell me your name so I do not have to call you Mädel all the time?”

‘Emery.’

Kurt’s eyes widened at the melodic voice inside his head.

He smiled.

"Emery."

She glared at him.

"Vhat you don't vant me saying you're name?"

'No.'

"Vhy not?" Kurt grinned.

'Because that implies I trust you, and I do not trust anyone.'

"But you told me your name. Doesn't that mean you already trust me?" Kurt's grin remained intact.

'Stop smiling.'

"Aw but I'm happy."

'Why?'

"Because you're telepathically talking to me."

Emery sat there completely silent.

"So you're going to stop now that I pointed that out?"

Emery didn't respond.

Kurt got up to do the dishes, turning his back to Emery. He continues to talk to her to get her to respond again.

"You know you don't have to be so secretive around here. I'm sure once you open up everyone vill accept you for you. They accepted me after all und I look like un daemon."

Emery still didn't respond. Kurt finished up the dishes and put them away, only to turn around and find Emery gone.

“Dis can’t be gutt,” he mumbled.