5) Emery's Temperament

[Author's Note: RosiePage has done everything she can to get me to post this. So I'm dedicating it to her and posting a vote early because I don't want to make her wait any longer.

{5.20.2013} Just edited through and fixed a few little things

X-Men Characters In This Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt), and Wolverine (Logan)

OC: Panther (Emery)]

"Alright, first we'll start with a simple task. I'll throw the disks into the air, you destroy them. Simple enough?"

Emery was silent.

"Are you listening to me?" Wolverine growled.

Emery's eyes flashed purple.

"Herr Logan, please just start the training," Kurt suggested.

Logan grumbled but started to throw the disks. Emery's eyes flashed their bright purple light once for every disk. Each disk fell to the floor sliced in two. She hadn't moved a muscle.

"Good. Now let's see how you do at hand to hand combat," Logan said before charging at her. Her eyes lit up purple. Logan ran straight into an invisible box, which lit up the same pretty purple as Emery's eyes on contact before fading invisible again.

"Hand to hand combat squirt. That means no powers."

Emery turned around and walked away from him. When he tried to prevent her from leaving, she poked her way into his brain. Logan was overcome with the violent sound of a train screeching to a halt as he sunk to his knees in pain.

Emery continued to walk away. She didn't need to do hand to hand combat when she could cause a person to collapse within seconds.

"Emery!" Kurt called, catching up with her in the hallway. She broke her contact with Wolverine. "That vasn't nice!"

Emery kept walking. She didn't care what was nice or mean. She didn't care what was right or wrong. She only cared about what she needed to do to maintain her state of mind and survive.

"Emery, vould you stop valking for ein minute!"

Emery twisted the energy around Kurt’s feet into plasmic goo. Kurt fell over, his feet stuck to the floor. By the time he looked back up from the floor, Emery had disappeared.

“Verdammt,” Kurt swore. He scraped the goo off his feet and teleported to Emery’s room, hoping against odds that she would be both there and a little more open to listening to what he had to say. He was being held responsible for her. He had to explain that she shouldn’t attack the good guys. She couldn’t attack Herr Logan especially. He was their teacher.

He felt in his heart that she belonged to him as well. He could tell she was pissed off and knew there was no one else that could calm her down but him. So, he needed to find her and figure out how he was going to calm her down this time. At least long enough for her to listen to his mini lecture.