Chapter 50: This is Not the End

I sat at Victor's bedside, watching him in his eternal rest. I said a silent prayer that he would wake before Samantha decided to move in and make my life a living hell. He looked serene, his skin pale and flawless. Victor's black hair fell softly over his shoulders.

"You still look good, you know?" I said, brushing the strands of it back away from his face. "Almost as good as the first time I saw you. All that's missing is that mischievous smile on your face." I winced, leaning back against the chair in my parents' room.

"Is that all that's missing?" a voice that I barely recognized whispered. It had been so long since I heard his voice that I hardly believed it. I glanced down at Victor's figure. He was still and lifeless.

"I must be imagining things," I rubbed my forehead, looking over Victor's serene face. Then, finally, I sighed, and pulled my legs back up into my father's old chair.

"Not at all," Victor's voice came again. I leaned over him.

"You're awake, aren't you?" I said, smiling. "C'mon, Victor, stop messing with me."

A hand suddenly grabbed me, and pulled me down onto the bed. "You got me!" Victor said, kissing me.

"Oh my god!" I nearly screamed. "You're alive! Victor! You're alive!" I trembled. "How? When?"

Victor looked up at me, smiling. "For a while now. I needed my beauty sleep."

I frowned, "What do you mean, for a while now?"

Victor grinned again, "Since you and Thomas put me in this bed."

"So, the past six months?" I sat upright, hardly believing it. "You've been alive for months? Why didn't you move before now? Why didn't you tell me?" I began to cry, furious and happy at the same time. "Victor, I've been worried sick. I thought you were dead!"

"Technically, I was already dead," he smiled at me. "I simply needed to rest until I gained the strength to move." He sat up. "I truly am sorry, Phillip. I never meant to make you worry."

"It's okay," I wiped my eyes. "I'm just so glad to have you back."

"I'm glad to be back, Phillip," Victor hugged me tightly, then groaned as he moved off the bed.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Perfectly fine," he winked at me. "Thought Phillip. I am unbelievably thirsty."

"Then let's go," I grasped his hand, helping him stand.

"That sounds good."

"And after?" I raised my eyebrows at him, trying my best to flirt.

"I think we are long overdue to finish that make out," he said.

"Let's do that then." I couldn't help the smile that broke across my face.

"It's a deal." Victor grinned, then leaned down to kiss me. I raised up on my toes to meet him. It was so good to finally have him back and to know that this was not the end to our story.