Chapter 8

"Perfection is found in acceptingYour imperfections"                                    -Bridgett Devoue

Your imperfections"
-Bridgett Devoue

Sometimes no matter how hard you try, or how far you run, the demons of your past will always catch up.

Another nightmare, another sleepless night. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a peaceful sleep.

Getting frustrated of tossing and turning around I gave up and got off the mattress and decided to take an early shower, it was 4:55 anyways and I need to leave at 6 if I wanna reach there before Mr Knight.

Walking in the bathroom I stripped out of my previous clothes and ran my eyes over my naked body in the broken mirror hanging on the bathroom's cracked wall.

It stinged my heart to see one particular scar that started from my ribs and ended down to my left hip. A scar that will forever remind me of that horrible night, the night I lost my everything.

Looking at myself in the mirror I realised it wasn't the only thing broken here.

Ripping my eyes off myself I stepped under the running water, letting the cold water hit my bare back making me shiver.

Quickly getting done with the shower I wrapped my towel around my body and walked outside the bathroom. Letting my hair down to air dry while I romaed around the place in my towel to gather an outfit for the day.

Deciding to wear a black blouse with a maroon pencil skirt I put on my bra and panties before sliding the skirt on. It was tighter and shorter than I thought it would be.

It ended right above my knees and it hugged my wide hips a little too tight for my liking but I didn't had the time to change or find something else, so I quickly put the black button down blouse on and tucked it in my skirt before sliding on my black flat sandals.

My hair were still damp so I tied a loose clip in my hair to keep them off my face and took my purse and coat before leaving my apartment.

The air was chilly since it was the mid November and I was dreading it, and my hair being semi wet did not help either, so I was hoping to quickly find a taxi before I freeze to death here on the taxi stand.

10 minutes later a taxi finally came and I quickly got in and gave him the address.

20 minutes later I was standing infront of the building, the sun was almost out but the roads weren't that crowded yet.

Clutching my coat to my chest I walked inside and sighed when the warmth in the building relaxed my tensed muscles.

The receptionist spared me a bored glance before getting back to her work and I began walking towards the elevator and seemed like the elevator was back in working order, but I was still a bit skeptical to get into it, but I had no other choice, I need to get to the cafeteria for Mr Knight's coffee and then to his office, I can't climb that many stairs without passing out.