Chapter 27

"Let it hurt until it can't hurt anymore"                                                                –liam Ryan

                                                   –liam Ryan

Last night I barely had a wink of sleep. I kept twisting and turning all night. Even though one obstacle was down, I still needed to talk to Nathan regarding that kiss. If I am to live with him, I need to clear any misunderstanding between us. People at work already think that I'm sleeping with him to keep my job.
I

've had my previous co-workers treat me awfully before, but that was entirely different. I don't wanna be an outcast here, I wanna be strong, be independent, but if the rumors reach Nathan before I clarify myself to him, I can kiss goodbye to my dreams of being successful, of being happy.

Once I was dressed in a white long sleeve blouse and straight leg black trousers, I pulled my hair in a slick ponytail and pulled a few strands to frame my round face.
Sitting in front of the dresser I apply some concealer under my eyes to mask the dark circles as best as I possibly can so I don't look half dead.
Applying a bit of lipstick and gloss I slightly smack my lips together and look myself into the mirror.
I looked...alive, I looked human as opposed to how I looked when I first came here, skinny, weak, my face had lost all light so did my eye. But since I came here, my face got full and round, a permanent shade of pink on my cheeks reminding me just how much things have changed in just a matter of weeks, how I've changed, for the better.
Running my eyes over myself for the last time, I pick my purse and walk out of the room. I was hoping to catch Nathan before he leaves so I made sure to get ready early.

My eyes linger on his bedroom door for a few seconds before I pull myself away and walk down the stairs. The house wasn't as quiet as usual, I could see a few maids rushing around the place. And when their eyes fell on me they greeted me with a warm sweet smile and I happily returned the gesture.
I could smell the sweet smell of pancakes and my stomach grumbled, so I followed the smell and ended up in the dining room.
My feet halt in the doorway when my eyes land on Nathan already seated on the dining table. A subtle frown on his forehead as he typed away on his phone while he sipped on his coffee with his other hand.
His hair were slicked back neatly, he was in yet another black three piece suit but his tie was missing, leaving the first two button of his shirt undone.

"Good morning ma'am" one of the maids chirped and Nathan immediately looked in my direction and I whipped my head in another direction.

"G-Good morning" I mutter with an awkward smile and walk forward, every step I took was assessed by his eyes and I could already feel the back of my knees sweating.
I take a seat on his right and I could still feel his eyes on me.

"Did you sleep well?" He spoke in a low rich whisper and I gave him an awkward nod. Jesus Delilah, pull yourself together!
He stabs a fork onto two pancakes in his plate before transferring them into mine, along with the chopped little cubes of strawberries. It looked appetizing and I was hungry so I picked up my fork and began eating in comfortable silence.
As soon as I ate the last bite of my pancakes, Nathan put two more onto my plate and I looked at him with a little frown.