Chapter 29

"Every scar tells a story,Every smile hides one"                              – Anonymous

Every smile hides one"
                              – Anonymous

I closed my eyes in defeat, tears rolling down my face while he kept leaning in closer. He wrapped his hand around my throat, forcing me to look up at him, he was enjoying this, he was getting off of my tears.

Once his face was just a few inches away I gathered my saliva in my mouth and spit at him.

"Fuck you!" I grumbled which only earned me a hard slap across my face, the taste of blood intensifying in my mouth.

"I fucking plan to do just that" he grabbed my hair and tugged on them hard enough that a painful cry escaped my lips. Everyone was chuckling, enjoying the show when suddenly there was a loud bang, everyone went quiet and then I heard his voice, filled with pure rage.

"Touch her again and I'll rip your throat apart" he barked a warning at Anderson and his feet came to halt, fear flashed in his eyes for a quick second before he turned around, letting go of my hair and giving me a clear view of them.
Nathan stood there, a gun in his right hand and a large knife strapped to his left thigh. His face held nothing but unalloyed anger. He looked like a completely different person.
On his right stood Micah, I never saw him like this before, I didn't see the bubbly funny guy who always made me laugh, instead his eyes promised death, painful and endlessly torturous death. They weren't alone, there was a good number of men standing behind them, all ready to attack, some faces seemed familiar some were completely new.

"I'm afraid you're a little too late to the party Nathan" Anderson mocked walking around and stopping right behind me, his gun lazily resting on my shoulder.
"See my boss would be really upset if he doesn't get her, I've made a deal already, and you know I can't go back on my words, deal's a deal" he faked a sigh.
I didn't take my eyes off of Nathan, his eyes locked with mine and tears crawled down my face. His eyes only darkened before he took a threatening step forward, everyone else stayed behind, even Micah assessed his movements.

"Untie her and I might find it in me to spare your life Anderson but if you touch her, I promise you, none of your men would live to see tomorrow's sun" he muttered another warning, his voice leveled and confident. Anderson's men too were ready to attack but there was a hint of fear in their eyes hearing Nathan's threats, unlike the men with Nathan, they seemed unsure, hesitant.

"You stopped throwing punches years ago Nathan, whatever you had back then has died along with Lizzie, you don't scare me or anyone for that matter, you're a dead fish that no one really cares about anymore, you're no threat to me or my men" Anderson chuckled and Nathan's eyes turned black instantly, it was almost inhuman.

"Take her name out of your filthy mouth again, I fucking dare you" it was Micah who roared this time and stepped forward to which Anderson immediately pressed the barrel of his gun against my head and I froze, I stopped breathing.