Chapter 26

"It's not always just the heart

"It's not always just the heart. Sometimes your mind breaks too"
                            –r.h. Sin

I couldn't sleep, I couldn't think, fuck I even needed to remind myself to breathe every few seconds.

I kissed her, I kissed her.
My head was dizzy, my heart was pounding in my chest, I couldn't get the feeling of her lips out of my head. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss, her lips that molded right into mine as if they were made for me. I couldn't stop the thoughts of kissing her endlessly till we both stop breathing.
Years. I waited to feel those lips, to hold her in my arms and kiss her, to feel her, to claim her.

But now that it finally happened, I had to beg her to stop me, because I knew, I knew things would've gone south if she didn't stop me. And the more sensible part of me won, but right now I'm going crazy, my dick is throbbing in my trousers just with the thought of her, her lips, her fucking doe eyes.

I shove my hands through my hair, breathing in and out. If Micah walks in right now and sees me like this, I know what he's gonna say.

"Dude, are you having a panic attack?" His voice interrupts my thoughts and I turn around just to glare at him.

"Fuck off" I grumble and plop on the couch.

"Why I love you too, but what's got you pacing around and blushing like a little girl?" He teases, taking a seat and plopping a grape in his mouth.

"If you wish to keep breathing, mickey, shut your mouth" I grumble and he only chuckles at that.

"Jeez, easy there grumpy pants, I didn't know you got your periods early this month" he snickers and I threw him a hard glare. Even his stupidity wasn't enough to get me to stop thinking about her, and my throbbing dick was proof enough. I'm gonna need a cold shower.

"Tony called earlier, he dug more into Tyler's associates and dealers, that might lead us somewhere" I say, trying to divert my attention.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow" he says with a nonchalant nod.

I barely had an hour of sleep last night, it wasn't just the kiss clouding my thoughts, but everything that I read in her diary. The more I thought about it, the more I felt the urge to strangle Tyler, squeeze his neck till he stopped sucking air.
But death is such an easy punishment for a sick bastard like him. I'll make sure he suffers an inhuman amount of pain, I'll make him an example for anyone who dares harm her.

I sigh and walk into the bathroom, deciding to have an early day.
Jumping in the shower I shut my eyes and her face involuntarily popped up in front of me. My hands itched to touch her. It took everything in me to stop myself from going into her room and taking her in any and every way possible.
Just the thought of her had me hard as a rock. Letting out a groan I wrap my hand around my cock, resting the other palm on the glass wall, letting the water droplets hit my back as I keep my eyes shut.