Chapter 24

"I sleep, so we can meet"

- Mr. Den

I felt a whisper-like touch on my forehead, causing a sense of warmth to spread throughout my body and for the first time I found peace in the darkness, because something in me felt safe and shielded, it silenced everything in me.

Unknown to the feeling I lean into it, just for it to slip away, forcing me to rip my eyes open.
Looking around I squint my eyes, adjusting to the bright light emerging through the window.

When my eyes were comfortable with the bright light I looked around and a deep frown set on my forehead, a sense of panic crawling at the back of my mind as I tried to recollect the memories of what happened.
The more I thought about it the more my panic grew. I ran my eyes across the room to find myself in an unfamiliar room, the sound of water running came from behind a door that I assume was a bathroom. My heart rate quickened and my eyes immediately darted down to my attire, I was only wearing a button down shirt. What happened? Where am I?

I forced myself to remember, anything would help me right now but it all felt like a dream, as if I just woke up from a never ending dream, a nightmare, I don't have any recollections of how long I've been sleeping for, or even what day it is.
But then it hit me like a train. Tyler found me, he knows where I am, he knows where I am!

My panic only grew when I heard the shower turn off, my chest heaved up and down rapidly and I quickly jumped off the bed, ignoring the black dots that blurred my vision.

I don't know where I was planning to run off to but my brain was too hazy to think straight, my flight response was activated and I just felt the need to run.
I barely reached near the door before my legs gave out and the ringing in my ears got louder.
But before I hit the floor, someone pulled me back flush against a naked chest. My eyes dart up quickly just to find Nathan staring down at me with worry.

"It's just me dove" he whispered, voice leveled and calm.

My body immediately relaxed in his arms. His hands held me firmly pressed up against his chest while his eyes scanned my face with concern.
Once my vision was back to normal I pulled back and cleared my throat, immediately missing the warmth he offered.

"I'll l-let you get dressed" I stutter, not daring to look back at him and rushed out of the room that now I know is probably his. What was I even doing in his room dressed like this?

My brain was a whole mess of tangled memories from which I can't tell apart my dreams and reality.
Having no clue what's going on I do the only thing I was sure about.

I walked towards the room I was staying in and looked around for my belongings but I saw nothing.
I walk in the closet to find my duffle bag sitting in the corner, but when I picked it up, it was empty inside, my frown deepened and I looked around, the closet was filled with new clothes that weren't there before but I couldn't find my old clothes, and I needed to change out of this shirt, I don't even remember how long I had this on for or who did this belong to.