Chapter 18

"I sleep so we can meet"                            Mr

Mr. Den

Loud rain and thunderstorm made me snap my eyes open. I look around just to find myself trapped in a car, not just any car, it was my dad's car.

I was behind the wheel, it was the same day, the same road, everything was happening so fast.

My hands were stuck on the steering wheel, my eyes were focused on the road, I wanted to scream to mom and dad, I wanted to spin the steering wheel, I wanted to stop the car from moving but my body felt paralyzed.

I watched as that truck slide on our side of the road, my mother's laughs turned into screams of horror and soon everything went black, I didn't feel anything but my soul shattered reliving that day.

Their painful screams caught onto me like flame and it was burning me.

Everything was pitch black, my eyes were open but darkness surrounded me.

"You killed your parents, there's no one else to blame but you"

Tyler's voice echoed and I drop on my knees, covering my ears.

"NO!" I cry but his voice got louder.

"You're a murder, YOU KILLED THEM!"

"Please stop!" I cry harder but his voice doesn't fade away.

"Delilah!"

My eyes snap open to find Mr Knight holding me by my shoulders, his eyes filled with concern and before I could say anything he pulled me tightly against his chest.

"I've got you dove, you're safe now" he reassure me and his comforting words seem to crack something in my heart that I broke down right in his arms, all the pent up tears came pouring out.

I didn't care that he was my boss, I didn't care that I was ruining his shirt with my never ending tears and I just let all my sadness pour out till I ran out of tears.

And he just sat there, wrapping his arm protectively around me, holding me tight against his chest even after my tears stopped, he didn't move and kept whispering sweet nothings to me.

He stayed there, letting me listen to his heartbeat while he ran his fingers through my hair, slowly making my eyelids heavy, and soon I drifted into the darkness in his arms.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
Nathan

Her screams, her cries broke my heart, and the fact that I couldn't help her frustrated me beyond explanation.

If I could remove all the pain from her heart and put it in mine...I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Looking down at her my heart ached. I brought her back home after the doctor cleaned her wounds and was sure that she's stable now.