part one.three

SEASON ONE: EPISODE THREE  

*ALMOST* 

"It's not gonna get away from every fairy and Specalist in the Otherworld" says Stella, referring to the Burned One which hurt Headmaster Silva. Aurora sits quietly between Stella and Riven, fidgeting with her rings and bracelets. She does this when she is nervous, the rings being from her friends and family, and the bracelet being a Solarian crown jewel. Her best friend puts his arm around her, getting weird looks from Stella and Sky, but he doesn't care, and she doesn't even notice it. Stella made it clear that she wants Aurora by her side all the time these last weeks. Aurora even got a special card from the Headmistress, for her to freely attend Stella's classes, and not hers. She got weird looks from everyone in the school, but the newspapers around Solaria came to her rescue. She made a social post about her love for her cousin, and that she is only with Stella 24/7 so she can help her if she needed to, and that they would like to strenghten their bond, as she will be Stella's right-hand-woman, when she becomes queen. So, as she sat with the first-years and Stella, mostly with Airpods in her ears, listening to her podcasts, Aurora had some time to think through her life and future. Or literally anything, because she was so bored it actually pained her, so she often chatted with the teachers instead. 

"Stella, come. You have class" she says as she stands up from her seat, letting Riven's hand fall down onto the bench, clearly not noticing the hurt on the boy's face, while being in her own world. "See you tonight, boys." 

The history of the Otherworld never really meant anything for Aurora. Yes, she is second in line for the strongest power of it all, but she did not care one bit. She learned the history perfectly, of course, even loved some parts of it, but never really took interest in it by the private tutors. Her aunt, the Queen, wanted Stella to be like any other teenager, so people would accept her to the throne more easily. 'Princess of the people' as she used to say. She has to be kind and happy all the time, but still represent their country with class. Such pressure would break any other person, but not Stella. At least, not until Aurora is there for her. Aurora was not raised like her older cousin. She was always held on a little tighter. She had to learn every school subject they could teach her by the age of fifteen, mathematics, poison making, history, politics, literature, everything, so she could help Stella with anything. Magically, they only focused on light, so Aurora only felt like a real student in magic classes. Solaria is the Kingdom of Light, so naturally, the rulers were always light fairies. 

Aurora thanked with every fibre of her heart, that the day passed by quickly. Before either of the two princesses could register it, it was already dark, and it was time to get ready for the party. Aurora picked out her clothes, then put her make-up in a bag, and headed over to where Stella was. 

Aurora sits on the floor before Sky and Riven's full length mirror on the wall, with a small ball of light beside her face, as Stella is at Sky's desk, both of them doing their make-up for the Senior Specialist's Party. Stella came as soon as she showered, to meet up with Sky, but ended up waiting for him, so she started on her make-up. The younger girl went with Stella, as anything she asked her, it would be a command for the younger one. Stella could only guess that her cousin had to do everythig she told her to, but she liked to think that Aurora is just a nice person. From time to time, Riven would hold out his bottle for the girl on the floor, who accepted it with a smile. As Sky barges into the room, he comes to a halt, when seeing the two girls getting ready for the party he totally forgot about.