part three.four

SEASON THREE: EPISODE FOUR 

*LOVE* 

"Did you know that she transformed because of you?" Sky calls after Riven, as the brown haired boy starts walking away.

"What do you mean? She transformed during battle" he says with a confused look on his face. 

"When you were bleeding out at the fight with the blood witches, she saw you dying and it triggered her powers. She can't shut up about you, like ever. She admitted that you are the love of her life for fucks sake" Sky continues, and tears cloud his eyesight. "She was heartbroken about Stella abdicating. She was crying all the time, because she could not be with you! Of course we did the one thing that could bring us comfort, you idiot!" he says, raising his vice, but quiets down once again. Riven stands in front of him like a rock, slowly letting the informations get to his head. "You of all people know how easy it is to love this girl, how easy it is to love Aurora. And again, you of all people know how comforting sex is. So yes. Maybe we have slept together a few times. And what?" 

"And what? You slept with the love of my life, Sky" Riven shout at him. Sky is taken aback by his sudden outburst of emotions, but stays silent and lets Riven rage. "And then you tell me this long-ass speech about everything, when you know that if I heard it I could not stay mad at you two. I love you, you are my brother, you son of a bitch" he says, than hits the other boy in the face, but pulls him into a deep hug after helping the buy up from the ground. 

"I guess this rounds our problems down a bit. So now what?" asks the blonde. 

"What are you asking, Sky?"

"Are you willing to sacrifice your whole career for Aurora, or not? Are you willing to sacrifice your life, your everyday life, training, having an opinion? Because she will not only need her very own Riven, but also a king, Brother" he explains, and without a second of silence, the brown haired boy asks: 

"What is love without sacrifice?

When Sky gets back to his shared dorm with Aurora that evening, he finds the bathroom door open and the shower running. He slowly creeps towards the room, and when he sees Aurora, his legs grow roots into the ground. She is laying in the shower floor, the water hitting her unconcious body repeatedly. After the first few seconds of shock, he runs in and pulls her out. She is passed out, her body cold like ice. He cries for help, servants and soldiers breaking into the room immediately. A few servants throw a sheet at the girls body, and then they all follow the boy, as he runs through the deserted school with the princess's body. Professor Harvey immediately starts to warm the girl and heal her frostbites, but things don't look so good for a long a time. But after minutes of warming her up, minutes which feel like hours to everyone, Aurora slowly opens her eyes, just to close them again out of exhaustion. 

"What the fuck did she mean by dying?" asks Stella, barging into Aurora's and Sky's dorm, not even noticing the state her cousin is. Aurora has been let back into her room after spending two days at the medical room. Sky hasn't left her side since. The girl is sitting on the couch, a few blankets wrapped around her, hot cocoa between her hands. 

"Stella, please, Aurora is sick" says Sky in a quiet voice, but Stella walks past him, standing in front of the blonde girl. 

"Answer me!" she screams at her, Aurora fliches at her voice. The both of them are crying, when Aurora starts coughing, and Sky rushes to her side, pulling her over to his body, hitting her back a few times, until she stops choking on thin air. "What happened to you?" the girl's cousin asks.