part one.six

SEASON ONE: EPISODE SIX 

*CHANGES*

"Riven, you have to follow the order Silva has given!" says Sky, catching up to his best friend, who runs past every other specialist, so that he can get to the school first. His girl is in there, with god knows how many Burned Ones, for fuck's sake! He promised to her, that he would protect her. 

"Fuck the order, Sky! Aurora is in there" he says between two breaths, then runs faster than the blonde has ever seen him done before. The blonde boy just slows down, understanding the other boy's worry, as he starts looking for Bloom. 

Aurora leads the way of the group of thirteen people, with a magical ball of light shining through the darkness. A screeching sound makes its way along the corridor, and around the next corner, a Burned One turns to the teens. With a flick of her fingers, Aurora makes them invisible, the blood stopping inside her and her companions. Noone dares to take a breath, but as the creature starts walking towards them, Aurora reaches out her hand, building an electrical shield between the Burned One and them. The other fairies, who could master that kind of magic, do the same. The creature, sensing its awaiting defeat, turns around and goes the way it came from. The group of students continue to walk towards the courtyard, just as the speaker said a few minutes prior, only seconds before the power went out. Two flashlights light up the corridor from the other end, and Aurora lets the lightball disappear, so they can see who found them. 

"Aurora!" all of students, including her, can hear the boy let out a grateful sigh, before running over to the group, and pulling the girl between his arms. Riven is shaking, Aurora can feel it, but she doesn't comment on it, just hugs the boy even closer to herself. He is okay. 

"It's okay, Riven, I'm okay. Now let's go, we have to get everyone to the courtyard" she says, pulling away from him, and grabbing his hand unconsciously. She looks around, sensing the attention on Riven and her, then an another schreeching noise brings them back to their terrifying situation. "Kat, bring the group to the courtyard, we will look if anyone is stuck or injured or some things I don't even want to think about" she says to the specialist girl, who only nods at the princess' order. "Leila, you are the only light fairy, remember what I teached you, okay?" she turns to a first-year girl, who happens to be her second cousin, once removed. The girl nods at her, and the group leaves the duo alone. They stand in silence for a minute, looking at the other, trying to imprint into their memories every single square centimeter of the other one's face. 

"I love you" Riven blurts out the words, without even thinking about them. A look, that's unknown to the boy, passes Aurora's face, so he continues his rambling. "I know this is really not a great time to tell you, but we all might die, and I just want you to know it, and I..." he is cut off by her lips on his. It's a short kiss, and every fibre in Aurora's body wants to continue kissing the boy, but she pulls away, holding his face between her hands, resting her forehead against his. 

"We can talk about this later, because none of us is going to die, okay?" he only hums to her, then pulls her into an another kiss. This time, it's Riven, who pulls away, only to grab her hand, and walk around the school, looking for any stragglers. The duo walks around in silence, not bumping into anyone, so they make their way to the courtyard, just in time to hear the Headmistress' speech. 

"As I'm sure you're aware, Burned Ones have infiltrated the Barrier and the school" Aurora rolls her eyes at the obvious fact the woman stated, but stays silent. "For some reason, the magical energy wells, which power everything at the school, have failed. I managed to speak with Queen Luna before they did" the name makes the girl shiver. There, of course, are a few Solarian Guards at the school, for the sake of the princess(es), but they are easily outnumbered by even only ten specialists. "She understands the gravity of what's happening here, and the Solarian troops are on their way. We're barricading all entrances to the courtyard. We're safe for now "Riven steps closer to Aurora, interlinking their fingers. "But we must prepare for the reality that the Burned Ones may infiltrate the space before they arrive."