part one.four

SEASON ONE: EPISODE FOUR 

*COMFORT* 

Stella and Sky stand outside the main enterance of the school with Aurora by their side. Stella is wearing her usual soft pink coat, and so does Aurora with her burgundy one, while both of them have their hair in buns. The Queen is coming today, they have to look perfect. Appearance is everything for her, they had to make her proud, or else... They had their own color palettes since they became teenagers, Stella having the soft ones, while Aurora having the darker ones. People say that it resemles their personalities, but if they knew who they were underneath, they would say otherwise. Stella never had that bubbling personality she has to show the press, it's always been Aurora, but she was breaked in as a young girl, to be a right-hand of a monarch. 

"It's one day, girls. Half a day" Sky tries to calm them down, without much success, as Aurora starts pacing back and forth on the carpet. She hates high heels and long dresses, but this is about the Queen, no time for whining. If she ever dared to wear pants in the presence of the Queen, she would probably be beheaded. 

"Half a day of everyone adoring her like she's the sun" answers Stella bitterly. She still loves her mother to death, but the constant mental abuse made her childhood seem like a living hell. Aurora doesn't speak of her childhood. To anyone. Ever. Because it wasn't just mental abuse for her. No, it was endless nights of freezing baths, slaps, and spanking with sticks that stung so much she cried from the pain. As she got older, they switched out the card for her, having to take mental torture before meetings with nobles, so she would be obeying and nice, and not an acting out young girl.  

"Well, she is the queen of light, Stella" says the younger girl with a sigh. 

As the other two speak, her mind takes her back to the good days, when she lived with her father and her mother at their own castle, laughing and having fun with their magic. She remembers how they used to do hide and seek around the trophy room, or when her father used to make himself invisible, just to lift her from the ground in suprise, and kiss her face all over until she laughed. But it all changed after that one battle, where both her and Stella's father died. Aurora comes back to reality just in time to hear Stella's words, intended for the both of them. 

"...I don't need them. I've got you two" she says smiling. Her cousin smiles back at her, but as the black cars of the Solarian Guard approach them, the blood in Aurora's ear beats so loudly that she can hardly hear anything around her. She faintly notices that Sky left, when the car stops in front of the them. She and Stella hold each other's hands, letting out shaky breaths before pulling away from the other, and putting on a smile. The door of the car opens, and Queen Luna steps out in all her glory. Her brown hair is also in a bun, just like the girls'. 

"Oh, Stella, my dear, you look stunning" she says, as soon as she steps to her daughter. They give each other a kiss, and Stella greets her mother too. The older woman looks her up and down twice, before moving on to the girl's cousin. The Queen turns to her niece, greeting her with a small hug. "Aurora, my sweet girl, beautiful as always" and so they started walking inside. The girls on either side of her, Stella half a step behind the Queen, and Aurora half a step behind Stella, as she is the lowest ranked between the three of them. 

The girls were dismissed until the assembly, so they went and got rid of their coats in their own rooms, leaving them only in their dresses and jewelery. Aurora quickly took a shot of alcohol in her bathroom, all thanks to Riven, then put the flask away neatly, so noone would find it. The two girls walked around the school together, presenting a united front for everyone daring to look at them, which was not many students. As Aurora looked over the halls they passed, she saw Riven with Beatrix, which stung a little, for an unknown reason.