Slow day

Day 24.

The test for the screen was finally successful. She had done it!! After twenty four days, she's finally done it, and TestTube was absolutely ecstatic. First things first, she had to go let MePhone know, who she hadn't seen throughout most of the party last night, only really failing to include him in a conversation he didn't seem to be paying attention to, but she couldn't blame him. She would just have to hope he was in a better mood today to get the news, and to be ready, or at least if he wasn't, that this might cheer him up.

...

"We should probably talk about last night," OJ entered the infirmary, quietly shutting the door behind him as he looked to MePhone, who was sitting up in the bed, not having left sleep mode too long ago.

"... Yeah, probably." For once, MePhone was making eye contact, not feeling too anxious to do so. OJ made his way into the room further, sitting down on the stool by the cabinets.

"So... What does this mean for us?"

"Wh- what do you want it to- to mean?"

"I mean, I know I didn't blatantly say it out loud last night, but I love you, obviously romantically, but uh..." OJ could feel himself growing flustered as he spoke.

"I... I do too," MePhone fiddled with his hands, OJ picking up the stool to move it by the bed so they could technically be sitting together.

"Does this mean we're um..."

"I'm- I'm not actually really one for- for titles like this, but... yeah, if- if you'd like to be..." MePhone's screen was already very warm. OJ reached over to hold his hand.

"Yeah. I'd like tha-" OJ is cut off by the door to the room slamming open, TestTube holding a MePhone sized phone screen that was tucked under one of her arms.

"MePhone! I've done it-- Ah, uh" She stopped, staring at the two, who were still holding hands, completely caught off guard by her entrance into the room.

MePhone coughed into his hand, pulling his other out of OJ's grasp, trying to play it off. He didn't know if OJ wanted anyone else to know, so he wasn't going to make that decision for him.

"Okay, we can unwrap this later, more importantly--" She pulled out the screen from under her arm, holding it out to the two, the grin on her face visible through it.

"The screen has been tested, and has my damage resistant seal of approval! Now, we can get this bad boy on as soon as you're willing!" She lowered the screen, keeping the grin on her face, and very blatantly avoiding bringing up what she walked in on. For that, both OJ and MePhone were thankful.

"Well, the sooner the better, right?" OJ looked at MePhone.

"Uh, y-yeah, um..." And there was that lingering dread of the actual process itself. He was very thankful this could all be over, but that also meant he'd have no excuse to stay at the infirmary, or the hotel anymore.

He didn't like the idea of things returning to how they used to be. So he did what he did best, trying to put it off.

"Uh... Maybe not today?" MePhone said, hoping his nerves were not apparent for the both of them to see.

"Okay!" TestTube didn't even seem to question it. "Just remember, I will have to poke around so I can work on fixing the other things wrong with you too, so I'm fully willing to give you the time you need. I know how unappealing that idea sounds."

MePhone blinked, looking at her. Really, he was surprised she was being this understanding. It was relieving, really.

"Yeah, okay, th- thanks... I'll... let you know wh- when I'm ready," MePhone shrugged.