「Chapter 13」

꒷︶꒷꒥꒷‧₊˚૮꒰˵•ᵜ•˵꒱ა‧₊˚꒷︶꒷꒥꒷

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

Chapter 13: Father Figure

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮

I wonder, how long do we have to endure this ridiculous fate?

Only a child, yet had to suffer such tradegies.

Who can I ask for help?

Only you - can solve your problems.

Evasive thoughts ran down your head. Leaned against the wall of a dim room hugging your knees to comfort yourself as you stare at a distance.

"Those mother duo must be laughing their ass off by now... How absurd", you mutter hiding your head behind your knees tightening your fists. Hot tears once again roll down your swollen eyes.

"This is so unfair. I can't do this alone- mom, brother... I want you both...", you sob quietly on your own.

*Knock *Knock

You didn't bother looking up when footsteps resonated the room coming closer and closer to you. You didn't want to talk to anyone, ever since you got stuck in this room for 2 days and almost got starved if it wasn't for the executives trying hard to convince their leader.

"Y/n?", a worried yet calm voice spoke crouching in front of you.

Slowly raising your head to look up. You couldn't see their face with your blurred vision from all the crying, but the voice was very familiar. "Kaku..cho-san?", you softly asked sniffing down your snot.

"Yes it's me", he pats your head.

"W-what are you doing here? Won't he get angry with you?", you pulled your knees closer to your form glancing down with a sad yet frightened look.

"That's not happening. He's on a trip to Italy", your ears perked up suddenly looking at him with wide eyes. "Yes. Where your brother is", your pupils waver as a shiver ran down your spine. The man flinched as you held his collar surprising him.

"Y-y/n?"

"He'll hurt brother too! Why did you let him?!", you scream shaking his collar with your tiny hands. He was bewildered by your scream. "H-huh?"

"He hates mom. He hates me. He hates brother. He hates everything about mother! If he so wanted to have a son, why didn't he adopt, or make a baby?! Did he really have to kidnap us and threaten our sleeping mom! This is outrageous! How can he just step in our lives after breaking mom's heart and even call her a cheater when it was him who had Seina as a lover, mom's so-called rival in name! He had the audacity to believe a stranger than his lover, he didn't even ask mom for her side of the story and even.... Went as far to physically hurt her...", you pant.

All your vent in emotions ran wildly as it kept spewing out of your mouth like no tomorrow. You slowly let your grip on Kakucho's collar go as you held your head down.

Oh no, oh no, oh no. I didn't mean to yell like that. What if he finds me suspicious? What if he puts his guard up and tell on Mikey and then kill us all?! NO!

You tightened your fist as you squint your eyes shut when Kakucho stood up and raised his arms. You didn't expect the outcome to be different.

Kakucho hugged you tight and caressed your head.

"I understand now", your breath hitched nervous about what is about to happen next. "You tried so hard to survive alone, without your brother beside you. It must have been lonely", your mouth went agape stunned at his words, he continued.

"We see always you smiling brightly and warmly. But now I get it, those smiles are for survival", you gulped for your life.

H-he figured it out!

You were done. So done. Your body trembled in fear. Not for yourself, but for your brother and mother.

"You did great, Y/n. I'm proud of you", he finally said kissing your forehead leaving you stunned and mouth gaping like a fish. So confused by all the stuff happening before you.

Have I finally gone crazy?

"Can I give you a promise, Y/n?", he asked softly taking your small hands in his as he kneeled. "Can I?", he asked once again.

"I-...", your heart skipped a beat nervous. "You can?...", you whisper unsure of what kind of promise. But you thought, what kind of harm will it bring when it's only a promise? Promises ARE meant to be broken after all.

"I promise to protect you from now on, and I... Will prove your inoccence", he kisses your hand. You held your fist close to your chest, biting your lip as your eyes became teary once again.

You were so thankful for this man. You expected kind promises from this man, but you didn't think the impact those words on you would be so great.

Tears streamed down your pale face as you sobbed your hand still on Kakucho's hand who was smiling softly at you. "I will always stay by your side and support you Y/n"

"Uuu.... Uwaghhh... Kakucho-san...", you spoke between sobs.

"Hm?"

"Will you be my father?", he blinked startled. "Why can't you just be our father? We can keep it a secret behind closed doors, we can hide it from Mikey", you called Mikey like a total stranger.

Kakucho stared at you but sighed softly.

"Of course", you hugged him jumping in his arms smiling wildly. "I'm so happy!", you giggle sniffing hard and getting hard to breath.

The man pulled out his handkerchief and pinched your nose with it indicating for you to freely sniff your snot on the fabric. But you were embarrassed otherwise. "I-I can do it myself!", you flushed.

After calming down, Kakucho sat beside you leaning against the wall as you fiddle with your fingers.

"About the other day, did Seina really sent people to hurt Kikyo?", you nod. "Can you tell me more about it? Maybe I can figure something out", you stared at your lap thinking.

"You can dig some information from brothels around Shibuya. She used to work at that place when she was a teenager so she can complete her so-called plan on mom", you told him.

"Good idea", he ruffled your hair making you giggle.

"By the way, why did Mikey visit Italy?", you spoke your opinion.

"Ah, that? He said he wants to see Daisuke's improvement. I doubt he will tell on what he did to you to your brother, even if he is mad at what you said. Seeing as he can't turn back time and Daisuke knows a lot and is really bright. I doubt he will be able to replace Daisuke with a new heir", Kakucho remarked.

"I rather he change the heir", you pout clenching your fist. He frowned. "But then he will kill you all, since he is not useful. It's either he will sell you or kill you both. That's how Mikey is, it's unfair, I know. But that's how the underworld works", your eyes close as a deafening silence engulf the room.

"Where are the others? How come you only visited?", you changed the topic. He noticed that.

"They're away on missions. I finished mine just now, it was troublesome but nothing uncommon", he replied. "I see..."

"I think after another 4 days you will be able to get out", you blinked curioused as to why.

"You'll see", he patted your head.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·
I will protect you - Kakucho Hitto