「Chapter 20」

꒷︶꒷꒥꒷‧₊˚૮꒰˵•ᵜ•˵꒱ა‧₊˚꒷︶꒷꒥꒷

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

Chapter 20: Birthdays and New Maid

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮

It took you all your energy for you to explain that you came back because you missed them but it seems that Ran was not buying it. Daisuke was not the type to allow you permission to be back that easily. You also learned that your brother had a big fight with the executives for your sake.

"It's hard to achieve even a single peace in my life", you sigh for the umpteenth time. You set your tea down and feel the breeze from the garden.

"I'm bored"

"Hey princess", you smile brightly finally seeing the person you wanted the most. "Kaku-chan!", you squealed. "I'm here too you know?", Ran pouted making you sweardrop at his childishness.

"Uncle Ran! Uncle Rindou! Uncle Koko! Good morning!", you greet and your smile directed towards them was enough to fill their day. They sat with you on the table set for your tea time. Ran tells Yasmine to come closer and tells her to bring them a new set of tea.

"Right away", she bowed and walked away.

Ran was about to carry you to his lap but Kakucho beat him to it. "Seriously Kakucho when you're here you always hog Y/n to yourself", Ran frowned his menacing aura beginning to spread. Kakucho narrowed his eyes and tightened his hug on you. "When I was on sick leave didn't you take all of Y/n's attention?"

"Takeomi kept on taking Y/n to himself! When I come to they say Y/n is already out with him!", Ran banged his fist on the table as he comically sobbed feeling hurt he didn't get to spend more time with you.

You rolled your eyes facing Kakucho's chest. 'I prefer Omi-san rather than someone as obnoxious as you'

"You're too slow then, I got to her first", he caressed your head and you couldn't help but hug him tighter. Kokonoi's expression dropped. "Hey hey why's her expression like that? It's much more better than when I was gifting her with toys and clothes", he protested when he saw a glimpse of your face.

"That's right. She seemed to be enjoying your company more than us", Rindou added to which you sweatdrop. Aren't they being a little too dramatic?

"Now that I think about it, isn't your birthday near Y/n?", Kokonoi leaned forward as he stared at you to which you blink.

"Birthday?"