Chapter 2: Waking Up To Death

The first thing she did after sitting up on her bed was look down at her hands and wiggle her fingers with a wide smile. "Por los santos ángeles de los cielos..." She squealed in happiness, before furrowing her eyebrows and staring down at her legs. They were now dangling from the side of the bed, moving under her brains commands for the first time in over a hundred years. "What if its a dream?" Viviana couldn't help but mumble to herself. Then, she shrugged, and attempted to stand up. If this was a dream, she would at least make the best of it. 

As her bare feet came into contact with the stone floors, she shivered and looked for a pair of shoes. Taking a step towards the wardrobe in excitement, her knees buckled and her face went straight for the floor. She grimaced, expecting to have her nose broken by the hard ground beneath her feet. Yet, the pain never came. Viviana opened one of her eyes to check what law of physics she had broken this time, and witnessed the recuperated strength of her arms. Both palms were pressed against the floor, having stopped her collapse and injury. 

Raising a knee up to her chest, Viviana began pushing her body up with the combined effort of her four limbs. Her right hand pressed against the wall for support, as her trembling feet continued to remember how to walk again. Finally having made it to the wardrobe, she kneeled with a bit of struggle to reach her old walking shoes, along with her embroidered stockings. The first thing she found herself doing was blowing on these objects, due to their accumulated dust. Her chuckle would echo through the walls of her living quarters. Yes, if this was a dream, it sure was realistic. 

The shoes were black, petite, and with a barred front. After putting on her stockings while sitting on the stone floors, she fastened the buttons of each strap of her shoes. Then Viviana stopped to caress the white silk bow at the end of her toes, allowing her to stroke at the softness of the surface, with a bit of a waxy feeling to it. 

Once her shoes were on, she realized her current garments were simple pyjamas, and that wouldn't do for leaving the room. So, she approached the wardrobe once more, and pulled out a more appropriate attire for walking through the halls of the Silent City. after a few minutes, she found herself dressed in a high collared lace white shirt with a dark forest green buttoned vest, and an equally green toned high waisted, long a-lined skirt that dropped bellow the knees. The corset was, of course, suffocating her a little, but not any more than she remembered.

Her smile dropped at the clashing sound that came from the other side of her door. She quickly stood up, as her legs seemingly forgot they were relearning to function properly. Another clash proceeded, and Viviana quickly realized that this was not a dream. It either was a nightmare, or reality. Either way, danger was coming. Whether it was on her mind, or corporeal. So, she reached back to her wardrobe and found her old Iberian Falcata sword, her Navaja, and her stele. 

While marching towards the origin point of the racket, Viviana traced her stele against her scarred skin. Although the runes had disappeared, due to not being applied in over a century, the white cicatrix remained, as did her memory of their location. A strength rune came first, then the stealth one, followed by healing- in case she still needed to recuperate. 

As her heart pumped adrenaline all over her body, and a scream rang through her ears, Viviana stopped believing that the current events were an illusion. Then, as she reached her destination, Viviana spotted two familiar bodies . "Brother Micah and Jeremiah..." She whispers softly with a quivering lip. 

But her grief is halted by another voice that came from the hallway perpendicular to her own. "Go ahead. Kill me like you killed my falcon. Prove what kind of father you really are." She furrows her eyebrows, uncertain of what was going on. Clearly this man wasn't a Silent Brother, for telepathic communication would be involved otherwise, not vocal. "What are you waiting for? Do it."