Chapter 15: Red Cat

"Alec!" She shouted out again, as Magnus brought him up in the air, and laid him down with his magic. As soon as he was on the ground, Viv rushed to his side. "By the angel."

"What happened?" Isabelle questioned, suddenly arriving to the scene.

They all turned to Clary as she explained. "All of a sudden, he started talking about how I hated him for killing my mom."

Viviana caressed Alec's cheek with pursed lips. Of course whatever magic thing was going on would affect the Lightwood that way. He had been feeling pretty guilty about Jocelyn Fairchild's death. However, the Spanish Shadowhunter didn't know it was that bad. That he would actually try to jump and end his life. As she was thinking that, Maryse sat beside her, too kneeling by Alec. "Alec?"

"It's okay." Magnus was quick to reassure them that he'd be okay. "I sedated him when I pulled him off the ledge."

Immediately though, Jace got defensive about Alec, and pushed Maryse away. He was still remembering the effects of the magic, and confusing them for reality. "You know what, you stay away from him. You can't be trusted."

"I can't be trusted?" She questioned rhetorically before glancing at Magnus and Viviana. "Now you see why I was wary of having a party at a warlock's house."

"This has nothing to do with Magnus. He's done nothing wrong." She'd defend her good friend of over a century right then and there.

That's when Simon walked into the roof, further escalating the situation with his entrance. "Wow. What's going on here?"

"Oh, what do you care? Maia is at the bar."

But he did not understand the hidden meaning behind Clary's words, and pointed out another obvious presence. "Yes, and Alec's on the ground. Is he gonna be okay?"

"You're all gonna be okay. Everyone just stay here. I'll be right back." Magnys replied before walking back into the apartment. Viviana knew that he had to be going to looked for a spell book, so, she waited patiently, as she got Alec's head on her lap, and began playing with his hair out of nervousness. 

All the while everyone began arguing, still affected by whatever enchantment had gotten them in this mess. "What did you say to my son?" Maryse spat at the redhead, becoming an overprotective momma bear. It wasn't something the Lightwoods saw that often. The more tender side of Maryse Lightwood. "You don't think that Alec feels guilty enough..."

On the other side of the terrace was the Jewish newbie vampire, who went to the blonde, accusing him on the redhead's behaviour. "You talked to Clary, didn't you? That's why she's acting all weird."

Magnus had now returned, and was flipped through the pages of the spell book. Since Viviana had been able to somewhat get a clearer view of reality thanks to her telepathy, she turned to him. "Can you knock them out too? I might do it if you don't."

But all he did was raise a finger, before muttering something nearly incoherent. "Give me a minute, Buttercup."

Still, the others were arguing beside them. Jace was still going at it with Simon. "Listen, I did nothing."

As for the Lightwood matriarch, she was very pissed off at Clary. "You bring him up here–"

"I did not bring him up here, I followed him."

That was when Magnus finally found the spell, and began chanting in French. Picking up a ball of magic out of the air, suddenly, everyone stopped verbally attacking one another. In fact, all they could hear was the cars from the street, which was quite a few storeys bellow them.