7. Hospital

*Alilla*

"Harry pick up that bloody phone!" Liam shouted, Harry's phone had been ringing non-stop for the past five minutes. Harry muttered something under his breath and grabbed his phone off the table. Liam had stopped yelling and now Harry was trying to reason him from not telling Niall. Harry was Liams bestfriend, he tried to understand for Harry but also was trying to fight for Nialls rights as Alex's dad. But what if Niall didn't want anything to do with Alex? Or me for that matter. I broke his heart and from what I could tell he hadn't moved on, or maybe I'm just playing tricks on myself. I looked up from where I had buried my face.

"Niall calm down I can't understand anything your saying!" Harry shouted in the phone. I felt a ping of sickness grow in the pit of my stomach. I could hear him, my Niall. Harry's face was ghostly pale, then my worst fear come into play.

3 car crash, Alex was in the car.

I started to sob. My baby.. Harry shut the phone and looked to me, "Alilla, we have to go to the hospital." I couldn't move, the sickness in my stomach grew, the tears were coming down like a down pour, and the awful sound I made when I sobbed rang loud. Harry picked me up like a baby and we ran from the flat. "Liam drive!" Harry yelled somehow tossing the keys to Liam with his left hand which was supporting my shoulders as he was carrying me 'Bridal Style'. Liam didn't say anything he just took the keys and went to the driver side. Most of my body had gone numb and like everyone had taken the life right out of my body. I felt a tear drop to my cheek, but it wasn't mine. I looked out to Harry, his eyes were bloodshot and his breathing was off. He looked down, realizing my gaze locked on his green eyes. "I'm sorry," His voice so sweet and soft, I could bare to move my lips to speak. Liam opened the backseat of Harry's car and Harry slid in the seat just leaving me on his lap holding me close and crying into my hair but trying to hide it from me. I pulled my hands to my face and sodded again.

I just wanted my baby boy in my arms. I should never have left home, I should have just stayed in Tennessee. I should have known my family would do something crazy. I'm an idiot and now my son and my bestfriend was in the hospital, possibly past the point of recovery.

The door swung open and I jumped out of the car, running full speed into the entrance of the hospital. Nurses were rushing everywhere but there were two young ivory skinned girls at receptionist's desk who were looking tired, yet cheerful at the same time. I ran up to them. Knowing I probly looked like a mad woman still in my Pj's with unbrushed hair and absolutely no makeup on. "Alexander Horan, where is he!" I near to screamed, with tears streaming down my eyes. Liam and Harry rushed in shortly behind me.

One of the girls looked up at me and got up from their seat. "He is in reconstructive surgery along with the driver in the car, I'm sorry miss but you must wait in the lobby with Mr.Horan," She gave me a grim smile, but nothing was going to help all I wanted was Alex safe and sound in my arms. Harry pulled me to his side and slid his arm around my waist making sure I didn't fall as we walked to the waiting room. I was almost blind from tears when his figure came into view. My Niall. I slipped out of Harry's grasp and ran to him, pulling him into my embrace and hiding my face in the curve of his neck crying my eyes out. He pulled me as close as I did he. We stayed there for a moment, nothing between us besides air. It had been three years since I had gotten even close to seeing him.

He didn't push me away. He just loved me, even after all I've put him though. Then I heard it, Alex's cry. I instantly let go of Niall and ran through the hallway of the busy hospital. Niall, Harry, and Liam a second behind me. I halted in my pursuit, the hall had two ways the one to the left and one to the right. Then he screamed again sending my thoughts realing into space. But the sound waves came from left where most ER nurses, Techs and doctors were rushing in and out of rooms, my adrenaline pumping and my heart racing.

Alex hated doctors, hospitals, needles and he had never had an IV. And one of the awful things that he got from me was the sleeping pills, and such didn't work on us. I pushed one last tech out of my way before seening my baby. "Parents or guardians only." I woman stopped the guys who had fallen behind me aways. Harry didn't wait a beat before telling Niall to follow me, Niall didn't understand but he did as he was told and followed me into the hospital room.

I took in the worst of the injuries on Alex's small toddle figure. He seemed, besides a lot of dark bruises and deep cuts, normal. But he sure didn't look like a kid who was just in a car wreck. He looked like my one and only son. Everyone rushed out of the room and Niall closed the door, I ran to the bed and curled next to Alex who was crying, but not screaming now.

He is safe.

*edited by @nerdydirectionerz *