8. Next step

*Niall*

Confused, scared, hurt, worried.

Was basically how I felt walking into the room Alilla had run into.  I followed not really knowing what to think. I watched her crawl into the twin sized hospital bed. Next to a small child the one who I think Lou called Alex.

I walked across the cold floor to the far side of the room and the boy came fully into my view, my knees gave out and I fell into a chair almost missing it and hitting the floor. He looked just like me only with Alillas curls.  I blinked hard a few times, rubbed my eyes and took another look.  Still he looked just like me but his small body was covered in cuts and purple whelps. This is my chance, he is my son so Alilla has to stay in the country so I can see him.  I just stayed there, starring at them.  He was curled up next to her with his forhead pressed into the nape of Alilla's neck, whimpering softly as he fell asleep.  Alilla held him, probly just as she always had but it was weird to see her love someone that much.  Her hold on him was strong, yet soft making sure she didn't hurt him, some tears trickled down her cheek falling into his curls.  

I looked at the ground and I tired not to think but my stupid self got the best of me. What if it was only my mind playing tricks on me? What if he wasn't even mine and that I was just hoping he was mine so Alilla would have a reason to stay in England. 

I looked up to Alilla, who's eyes slowly opened.  The green of her irises came into view and it made me fall in love all over again.  She was here.  In the same room as me.  It was just me, her, and..and our son. I think.

She looked down at the fully knocked out child asleep next to her, she smiled so grimly it almost wasn't there.  She softly ran her thumb over a cut on the boys cheek and fought back tears again.

He is her life now.

She looked up finding my gaze locked on her. She looked down at the boy, sighed, and looked back up to me.

"What do you want to know first?"  She asked.

I guess she had gotten asked a lot of questions since she came back to England, but I only had one question and the anwser to it would make everything else in a way, Real Or Not Real.

The only question I didn't know the anwswer to anymore.

"Do you still love me?"

She took a deep breath, but her gaze didn't waver, she held it.  She spoke so soft, sweet, loving, just the way she left.

"Yes I love you. I never stoped loving you,"-She rubbed Alex's back, took a deep breath and finshed-"I just got a little sidetracked on my way back to you." My emotions took over my body, the first thing I knew I was practicly running across the room at fully speed.  I bent over the side of the bed, she lifted her head and our lips met. 

A warmth rushed in my body, starting at my chest and moving to my shoulders and down to my legs.

The Spark.

The spark I hadn't ever felt with anyother girl besides Alilla.  The spark I hadn't felt in three long years. I pulled back, looking into her eyes. "Your love is all I need,"-I looked down at Alex and ran my hand as soft as I could through his curls.-"You two are all I need." 

Her eyes filled with tears and she reached up her lips meeting mine again.  The spark rushed into my body again.  A happiness and moment of bless moving with it.  This time she pulled back, she asked me something that made my sences jump, something I had never heard her ask me before.

"Wanna met your son?"  She smiled and I placed my hand of the side of her face and looked down at our son and smiled before saying.

"One step at a time, let him sleep for now. I have forever to make up for three years."