12. Alexs gots a daddy

I apologize for these chapters being "carroty." Trying to fix it now! (9/18/14)

*Niall*

"Alright. Harry, take Alilla home.  She needs sleep after today.  Niall your staying here with me."  My stomach dropped.  I just got the girl I loved back, and now I will have to stay the night with the son I didn't know I had and her brother.  Amazing.  I looked down at Alilla, hoping she would wake up and command that we all just go home.  But she stayed sleeping. I sighed deeply, I looked up to find Harry's forest green eyes.  He opened his arms, ready to take her from me.  Is the world just out to keep her from me? I though sadly.  I gently placed her in Harry's arms, only hoping he would keep her safe.  We shared a nodded and he turned to walk out of the hospital.  I turned around and walked into the room,  Aarons gaze never left me.  I sat down in a chair on the opposite side of the bed from Aaron.   The chair was the typical, uncomfortable, stereotypical, hospital chair.  Nasty blue fabric and fake wood armrests, that all seamed oddly inviting.    My gaze shifted downward to the tiny boy, all warped in the blankets, seaming at peace.  I tired to fit everything together, everything that he resembled me and everything that he resembled of Alilla.  First thing was his blonde curls,  they perfectly took characteristics from us both, the curls coming from Alilla and the blonde from my side.  His cute little nose automatically made Alilla pop into my mind.  Cheeks, Alilla.  Lips, mine. He was the perfect mix between us. 

"I know Alilla hasn't had time to tell you everything about him to you..."-Aaron's voice, speaking quite and sincere pulled me from my thoughts, back into the awkward space between us.-"Do you want to know anything?" 

I rushed through thinking about everything I had missed in the past two and a half years.  "Everything, first word, first steps.. A video of everything I've missed...." I trailed off.  Why hadn't I tried to contact her? Why did I just, give up?  Aaron smiled then looked over to the sleeping babe in the huge hospital bed.

"His first word was, "Mama,"  as you can imagine Alilla was pretty proud."  He laughed, then pulled out his phone, pulling up a video and reached across the bed to hand it to me.  I gave him a confused look but took it from his hand and pushed play. I wasn't expecting him to halfway understand, I thought as the video loaded.  The screen popped up and a little boy, only in a diaper with his hair spiked up in multiple directions was standing, all by himself he took a step but fell down.  I could make out Avilla's figure aside him, helping him up. (A/N, Video on sideHe took multiple steps all in a rush, his legs bowing to the side.  Aarons cheering in the background was to hard to miss, I felt an overwhelming power of jealousy come over me.  His steps came to a stop and he fell to the carpet, he was smiling, looking very proud of himself.  The video ended and I handed it back to Aaron, the feeling of jealousy had been over powered by happiness.  You just watched your son take his first steps, Niall....

Before I could think of anything else to ask, Alex started to cry softly.  Aaron jumped from his seat and I followed suit.  We both peered over the rail of the bed, looking down at him,  he was rubbing tears from his eyes trying to wake himself up.  "Mama?"  He cried,  I didn't know what to do but lucky for me Aaron was there. He moved the curls from Alex's face and he calmed but opened his eyes, and like any other child, he started to cry worse as he came to realize his mother wasn't there. 

"Sssshhhh Alex, baby I'm right here.  Your fine."  Aaron cooed,   Alex stopped freaking out but the tears still escaped his bright blue eyes.   His eyes moved from Aarons to mine,  he ruffled his brow confusedly and asked "Who dat?"  He pointed at me as he asked Aaron.  

Aaron looked from Alex, to me, and then back to Alex.  I got the sense Aaron didn't know how to respond to the child. I took the lead,

"I'm your dad," He didn't do anything for a few seconds then he smiled and turned to Aaron.

"I gotta daddy!!!" He shouted happily, jumping with joy.  Me and Aaron both laughed, neither one of us being able to hold back the smile on our faces.  Alex was wide awake now, hyper even.  But the next thing he said sounded more like me than any way he looked or acted, "I'm hungry!"