18. "I'm scared,"

*Alilla*

A slight breeze rushed into the cabin of the flat, it was chilled and a tad harsh but soothing to my practically raw nerves.  I felt the space around me, looking for a specific blonde Irish man, but only finding emptiness.  I opened my eyes and sure enough,  it was just me on the sofa.  I pulled the blanket around me tightly as I sat up and looked around the non-colorful, non-decorated, plain flat of Niall James Horan and finding everything besides the thing I wantes

Knowing could possibly be waking up at any moment,  I scurried off the couch and onward to Niall's room, where my baby slept.  I turned the knob of the door, luckily without making a noise.  I took one stride inside the warm room, finding a mound of blankets and pillows laying on the floor.  But disheveled under one final blanket was a little boy,  mouth open and sleeping peacefully.

 I looked farther into the room, finding one thing that made my heart melt.  Framed on his dresser,  my favorite picture of myself.  Me smiling at Niall at his 17th birthday party.  It was a small party with just me and family but Niall never left my side the whole night, not to drink, not to use the bathroom, not even to eat.  He just stayed at my side.  Why I'm still not sure of but yeah, there it was, one of the best memories I had of us. 

  I smiled when a groggy voice spoke from the back of the flat,  picking up my feet I headed to the backyard where Niall sat in a chair, seaming a tad upset and clearly tired.  He knotted his brows together and creased his forehead. 

"No...  Paul, I can't...Not today... I'm spending the day with Alilla and Alex.  I don't care if rehearses are today, Paul!  I know all the fucking songs by heart,  I know what to do on stage, we've done it countless times!  Now goodbye!" He yelled into the speaker of his iPhone before hastily ending the call.  I stepped, blanket wrapped and all onto the frost covered patio till I was at his side.  His head was now bowed into his large hands.

I brushed my hand across his uncovered skin and he let out a long, tired sigh.  "I'm sorry,  I didn't mean to wake you up, babe." 

"You didn't wake me,  I just know when I'm needed."  I smiled.  He took his arm and wrapped it around my waist, pulling me into his lap.  He lifted his head but only to hide it within my neck. 

"What about Alex?  Is he up?"  His voice getting deeper with every sleepy salable he muttered. 

"No Darling,  he is still sleeping and if we're lucky will be for a few more hours." 

"Good."-His grip on my waist grew stronger as he exhaled-"I would like a few more hours of sleep with his momma."  He said,  his smile evident.   He stood up and carried me back into the living room.  He laid down, resting me on his arm beside him.  It only took a few more moments for him to fall back asleep. I slipped out from under his arm and as softly tip-toed down the hall and into the bathroom.   I let the blanket fall to my feet.  I turned on the shower to hot and turned to look at myself in the mirror. 

My hair was a greasy mess,  my skin was paler than usual and my eyes were dull.  Once the mirror started to fog up I realized I had been standing there for at least five minutes,  I was in a daze.   I spun around and walked into the steaming shower.  I inhaled a deep, relaxing breath as the water soaked into my hair. 

I smiled to myself,  I had everything I'd ever wanted.  I had Alex, Aaron and Niall.  What else could I want?  I wouldn't have to worry about paying a bill or what I was going to do to make ends meet.  

I stood in the pouring water for a good half and hour, just letting everything sink in. 

"Mommy!"  A cry rang out, it was distance and muffled but still ear pricing.  I slammed the water off, quickly wrapped a towel around me and lunged from the bath room with my body soaking wet making the floor a slippery mess.  But Niall, somehow,  had gotten woken up and had made it to Alex before I had.  But Alex was pushing away from Niall and I could see Niall break inside.  Alex was turning towards me, reaching for me.  His face was red, eyes puffy and breathing heavy.