2

T.W.: kidnapping, manipulation

Tommy woke up slowly. His head felt groggy, like that time he got a concussion from Tubbo pushing him off a trampoline. He tried to move his arms, only to find that they were bound behind him. Tommy started struggling, slowly opening his eyes to find that he was tied to a chair.

"Hey, hey, stop that. You'll hurt yourself."

Tommy managed to lift his head enough to see someone kneeling in front of him. His vision was still blurry, but he could make out green.

"Dad..?" Tommy managed out before his head dropped again.

"Uh, not quite. George, did you have to put him this far under?" Someone ruffled Tommy's hair, "hey kid, wake up a bit."

"Ge'off." Tommy jerked his head away, "wha'happened?"

"Wake up a little more before we tell you."

Tommy blinked a few times, the world around him becoming clearer. The foggyness in his head started fading. He leaned back in the chair he was in, trying to get a look at his surroundings.

"There you are." A man knelt in front of him, a white smiley face mask on, "don't freak out, you're safe here."

"Where's here?" Tommy said, his words sliding together.

"You don't have to worry about that." The man drew out the first word, "just know that you're safe now."

Tommy blinked a few times, "was I not safe before?"

"No, we have reason to suspect that some of your family are villains." The man told him.

Villains? Tommy laughed, hanging his head.

"Villains? Really?" Tommy snorted, "my brother spends all his time playing guitar, and my other brother tears up at videos of cute animals. And then my dad! My fuckin dad can't even cook properly! You-you think their fuckin villains!?"

"Tommy. They've been hiding it from you." The man said, "they're lying to you. I'm telling the truth! Look, I'm Dream, the top hero in the city. Why would I lie to you?"

Tommy frowned, "I don't like heros much."

Dream sighed, "look, would it help if I untied you? I can do that but you have to promise you won't try to run, okay?"

Tommy nodded. Dream moved behind him, slicing the ropes off his wrist before moving to his legs. Tommy took a moment to examine the room. It seemed to be an office like room, with a bed and a desk shoved in one corner. A man in white goggles stood in front of the door, his arms and legs crossed.

"Okay, you're free." Dream told him, walking back around, "are you hungry? Thirsty?"

"Yeah..." Tommy whispered, "how long has it been?"

"It's about noon now, so..." Dream thought for a moment, "seventeen hours? Approximately."

Tommy's eyes widened, "does my dad know!? What about my friends!? You fucking- you fucking kidnapped me!"

"Your family will know soon!" Dream insisted, "we're just here to keep you safe. Maybe you could answer a few questions to help us figure things out sooner, but first I'm going to get you some food, okay? Relax. Think of this like a... Like a vacation! If you need anything while I'm gone just talk to George."

With that, the masked man left. George stepped away without a word, resuming his position once the door closed. He looked half asleep.

Tommy got up, wobbling slightly. There was a window behind him, blocked with blackout curtains. He stumbled over and peaked out. A dizzying hight stretched before him, surrounded by decrepit buildings. Tommy stumbled back, landing on the bed. He recognized this place. This was where the Doomsday happened. A horrendous battle between the Dream Team and the Sleepy Bois. It devastated a quarter of the city two years ago.

"Did you see it?"

Tommy jumped, whirling around to see George staring at him.

"See-see what?" Tommy asked.

George nodded to the window, "Doomsday. Did you see it?"

"No." Tommy shook his head, "I-I was at Snowchester with some friends when it happened. We didn't find out until we got home. We couldn't believe all of this happened in a single day."

George nodded, "it was gruesome. We almost killed each other."

"I-I thought heros weren't supposed to kill." Tommy gulped.

"Well, sometimes we have to in self defense." George told him, then a large grin spread onto his face, "and sometimes we just get a little too into the fight."

Tommy gulped. Someone knocked on the door and George moved aside. The door opened to reveal Dream holding a happy meal.

"You seem to be settling in!" Dream laughed lightly, "that's good. Here, I got you some chicken nuggets and some ice cream."

"Thanks." Tommy took the food.

"Now," Dream sat down in the chair Tommy was tied to before, "tell me about your family."

Tommy shrugged, "I dunno. They're pretty average I guess. At least one of them is always home when I get home, or they show up soon after. And like I said before, one of my brothers just holes up in his room and plays guitar all day! My other brother goes out sometimes, but he mainly works from home. My dad works as a contractor, so he's at building sites a lot. But he's never abandoned work to do any villain things! I've met his coworkers at sites! I can prove he's not a villain!"

"Okay, okay!" Dream held his hands up, "I believe you. What about their powers?"

Tommy frowned, "don't you have documentation on all that stuff?"

"Just answer the question." Dream said.

"Fine." Tommy huffed, "Wilbur can learn any instrument instantaneously just by touching it. Techno has like, the ability to read really fast or something? And Phil has wings."

"Razor wings?" Dream jumped in quickly.

"No!" Tommy shouted, "what the fuck!? They're fluffy wings! He hasn't flown with them in years! Why the fuck would you think he has the same kind of wings as Zephyrus!?"

"Okay! Okay!" Dream huffed, "sorry I pushed, I'm just trying to get the big picture. Now just for consistency, what is your power?"

Tommy looked away, "fuck off."

"Hey, there's no need for hostility." Dream told him, his voice kind, "you're safe here. You can tell us anything, we won't spread it around."

Tommy frowned, lowering the nugget in his hand. Two small sprouts of feathers appeared on his back, barely enough to be called wings.

"Happy?" Tommy spat.

"So, you inherited a weakened version of your father's power?" Dream asked, moving to get a better look at the wings.

Tommy shook his head, "no, we have the same power... There was an accident when I was young... I... My wings stopped growing then."

"I'm sorry." Dream pat the boys head.

A beeping sound came from the heros pockets.

"Hey, Tommy?" Dream said, "we have to go okay? Just stay here, we'll be back soon. And don't worry about your family, they've been notified that you're here."

"Really!? When can I see them!?" Tommy asked.

"Uh, soon!" Dream said, running to the door, "but don't worry too much! You're safe here! The door will be completely locked so no one will be able to get in or out. Just stay. Here."

Tommy nodded as the heros ran out. He turned back to his food. If his family knew where he was, then it would be okay.

Right?