15

T.W.: major c!death

Phil gently cleaned the blood off Tommy's wings. They had gotten home without any problems, and Sapnap was currently getting in contact with Puffy to help the injured of the group. Tommy and Wilbur were in the worst shape. There had been times on the way back where they had to quickly duck away and resuscitate Wilbur. Techno was staying with him until Puffy got there.

Tommy's wings twitched and Phil quickly pulled away. But Tommy just sighed softly and settled down onto the bed. Phil set down the cloth he was using.

"Tommy?" Phil whispered with a smile, "Tommy, are you awake?"

"No..." The boy mumbled.

Phil laughed, continuing to clean Tommy's wings, "alright."

Tommy shifted on the bed, "what're you doing?"

"Cleaning your wings." Phil said, "they grew in fully, I'm just sorting them out."

"Huh?" Tommy blinked his eyes open, trying to lift a wing.

"Calm down." Phil smiled, pushing the wing back down, "you still need to heal before you start flapping them around."

"Okay." Tommy closed his eyes again as Phil resumed cleaning his wings.

Phil hummed softly, sorting through the feathers to get the last few specks of dried blood. Though it was a little difficult as the tips of the feathers were a bright red. Phil smiled softly.

There was a knock at the door. Phil looked up to see Techno in the doorway.

"Hey mate." Phil gave him a smile, "is Puffy here?"

Techno nodded, "yeah, she's with Wil right now. How's Tommy?"

Phil laughed lightly, turning back to his youngest, "Tommy, Techno's here."

"Techie?" Tommy mumbled, lifting his head a tiny bit.

Techno smiled, walking over to his brother, "hey Tommy. How are you feeling?"

"Tired." Tommy sighed, "m'back hurts."

"Well your wings just grew in." Techno said, "it'll hurt for a while."

Tommy opened his eyes again, "where's Wilbur?"

"He's in his room." Phil said, "he'll be here in a bit."

Tommy huffed, his wings twitching, "stupid Wilby. Always fuckin playing guitar."

Phil laughed, his wings fluffing up. Techno shook his head with a small smile.

"Here, I'll send him in here." Techno said.

"M'kay." Tommy nodded, a small smile on his face.

Techno shut the door with a small smile. His brother was back and safe. He walked back to Wilbur's room, opening the door as quietly as he could.

"How is he?" Techno asked the hero.

Puffy sighed, "not good."

"How not good?" Techno took a step forward.

Puffy looked up with tears in her eyes, "he's dying Techno."

The shapeshifters eyes went wide. No, he had just gotten his brother back, he couldn't lose another one.

"I'm doing everything I can but..." Puffy sniffed, "we're not miracle workers."

Techno hung his head and sighed, "thank you for trying at least. Even if you are a hero."

Puffy let out a small laugh, "I'm a healer over a hero Techno."

"I know." Techno gave her a small smile.

Techno gave one last glance at his brother before leaving the room. He hadn't shapeshifted into another person in a long time, and he had promised Phil he wouldn't copy his brother again. But there was a reason he and Wilbur were called twins when they weren't biologically related.

"Hey Toms." Techno smiled as he walked back into the room.

Tommy lifted his head, a wide smile on his face, "Wilbur!"

Techno laughed, "yeah. How are you feeling?"

Tommy huffed, "like shit. My back hurts and my wings are heavy and I'm fuckin tired."

"It's okay Tom's." Techno gently ruffled the boys hair, "you'll feel better soon."

Tommy leaned into the touch. Phil stood, grabbing Techno's arm and pulling him out of the room.

"What are you doing?" Phil asked.

Techno sighed and shifted back to his usual form, "Wilbur's dying."

"You promised you wouldn't do this again!" Phil hissed.

"Tommy doesn't need to know that his brother is dying because of the hero that kidnapped him!" Techno almost yelled.

Phil shook his head with a sigh, "is he really dying?"

"Yeah." Techno nodded, his voice quiet.

Phil pulled his wings in tightly, "how are we going to tell Tommy?"

"I don't know." Techno said.

Phil turned away, "I need to stay with Tommy right now. Can you check up on the others? Get them updated?"

"Yeah, I will." Techno nodded.

"Thank you." Phil sighed, entering the room again.

Techno walked out to the living room where the rest of the villains and Sapnap we're resting. Tubbo jumped up immediately upon seeing the shapeshifted.

"How's Tommy!? Is he okay!?" Tubbo asked.

"Tommy's fine." Techno told them, "but... Wilbur's dying."

"What?" Sapnap's eyes went wide, "but-but Puffy can help right!?"

Techno shook his head, "she's trying, but she said there's only so much she can do."

Everyone fell into silence. The heros had all but killed one of their own. And they'll probably get away with it again.

"What do we do now?" Ranboo asked quietly.

"We wait and prepare for the worst." Techno said, "that's all we can do."

Tubbo flopped back on the couch, burying his head in his arms, "this sucks!"

"It'll be okay." Eret said, rubbing the boys back.

"Wilbur can still survive, right?" Foolish asked, hope edging on his voice, "he can pull though?"

Sam sighed, "Foolish, he went up against Dream."

"But still!" Foolish cried, "lots of villains have and have come away alive!"

Sapnap shook his head, "he wasn't intending to kill those ones. I've seen lots more villains and vigilantes die from Dream."

"The damage was really bad." Ponk said, "I'm... Not surprised Puffy isn't able to heal him."

"I hate this." Tubbo mumbled, "I really fucking hate this."

There were footsteps from the hallway. Puffy walked out, wiping tears from her cheeks.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, "Wilbur's gone."