14

T.W.: blood, violence, implied death

Tommy watched as Wilbur fell limp to the ground. His brother was Icarus. Dream was right. His family were villains. Tommy felt his head spin. It couldn't be.

"Wil..?" Tommy whispered, taking a step out of the room.

Dream laughed lightly, "I told you. Your family are villains!"

"No..." Tommy shook his head, falling to his knees next to Wilbur, "no this has to be a misunderstanding- he's not- they're not-!"

"Tommy." Dream placed a hand on the boys shoulder, "they're villains."

Tommy's back started to ache as he shook his brother, "Wil, Wilbur wake up!"

"He's dead Tommy." Dream spat, "no one could have survived that."

"No..." Tommy mumbled, his head spinning as the ache turned to pain, "No!"

Dream tightened his grip on Tommy's shoulder, "Tommy! He's dead! He was a villain and now he's dead!"

"You killed him..." Tommy gasped, "you fucking killed him!"

"I did what I had to!" Dream yelled.

"YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!" Tommy screamed, tears falling down his face.

"Tommy! He was a villain!" Dream shouted back.

"HE WAS MY BROTHER!"

Tommy screamed as his back flared in pain. His vision went black and he fell next to Wilbur. Then it was quiet.

Sapnap stumbled back, wincing slightly, "Stop- Stop!"

The villains he was fighting paused. Zephyrus landed next to him.

"What? What happened?" He asked.

"It's quiet." Sapnap said.

Protesilaus' eyes went wide, "what does that mean?"

Sapnap smiled, "I think they found Tommy!"

"Then why haven't they returned?" Hephaestus asked.

Sapnap's smile fell. That's right, they were supposed to meet up here to leave.

"I'm going to investigate." Zephyrus said, lifting his wings.

Before anyone could say anything else, Zephyrus had taken flight. He flew over to the damaged buildings, heading to the place where Tommy was held. It was eerily quiet. Zephyrus felt like he was about to be ambushed.

"Zephyrus!"

The villain looked down to see Totem waving at him from the roof. Zephyrus swooped down, landing next to him.

"What happened? Where's Monarch and Chiron?"  Zephyrus asked.

"They're below." Totem said, "Chiron is healing Monarch right now. Did you find Tommy?"

Zephyrus pulled his wings in, "No. We were hoping you found him."

Totem shook his head, "Dream attacked. Icarus, Andrenidae, and Lethe went ahead. They haven't come back yet."

"Okay." Zephyrus nodded, "get Monarch and Chiron back to the rest of the ground. I'll find everyone else. When Chiron is done, send him over."

"Alright." Totem gave the villain a nod, running off.

Zephyrus launched himself into the air again, angling twords the last building. If he couldn't find anyone there... Zephyrus shook his head. He'd find them.

Zephyrus flew into the damaged building. He spotted movement out of the corner of his eye. The villain landed swiftly, sharpening his feathers and leveling his wing at the other.

The person flinched back, "Zephyrus!"

"Lethe?" Phil lowered his wings, "what- are you okay? Where's Icarus and Andrenidae?"

"Andrenidae went to search for Tommy." Lethe wobbled slightly, his tail flicking, "I don't know where Icarus is. He- he made me teleport past my limits and I passed out..."

Zephyrus sighed, "I'm sorry. Are you okay to head back to the others?"

Lethe shook his head, "no, I don't think so."

"Okay, come on." Zephyrus lifted the vigilante into the air, "which way did Andrenidae go?"

"To the main building, a few stories down." Lethe said.

Zephyrus nodded. He took them down through the broken rebar and concrete of the building. It was completely silent.

"There." Lethe pointed to an outcrop with a newly painted door, "that must be where Tommy is."

Zephyrus' wings slumped, "They're alive."

"Where's Andrenidae?" Lethe asked, struggling to sit up.

"I don't know." Zephyrus picked up his youngest, "Tommy? Tommy wake up."

Lethe leaned against the wall as he stood, "Andrenidae!?"

Zephyrus layed Tommy back down, walking over to Dream. The masked hero was unconscious, but alive. The villain sighed. He couldn't attack them in this state.

"Andrenidae!" Lethe yelled, leaning over the edge, "Zephyrus! Andrenidae's down there!"

"Alright, I'll get him." Zephyrus nodded.

The villain flew down, spotting the vigilante. As he landed, he saw Not Found sitting against the wall. Zephyrus sharpened his feathers. The hero looked up at him with tired eyes.

"I'm not going to fight you." Not Found said quietly, closing his eyes, "I'm tired."

Zephyrus picked up Andrenidae, who was fast asleep but otherwise okay, "Dream is severely injured. You should get him medical attention."

Not Found laughed lightly, "maybe. Get your son to safety, that should be your priority right now."

Zephyrus hesitated. He lifted his wings, taking off to the next story up. The villain set Andrenidae down right as Chiron arrived.

"What the..." Chiron gasped softly.

"Tommy's bleeding badly." Zephyrus told him, "his wings cut up his back."

Chiron nodded, rushing over to the boy, "alright."

Andrenidae groaned, blinking awake. Lethe stumbled over, taking off his mask.

"Tubbo!" Ranboo gasped.

"Ow..." Tubbo winced as he slid off his visor, "what happened?"

Zephyrus took off his mask, smiling at the boy, "we did it. We got Tommy back."

Tubbo smiled. Then laughed. He launched himself up, pulling Ranboo into a hug.

"We did it!" Tubbo yelled, "we fucking did it! Where is he? Where's Tommy?"

"First let's get you back to the main group." Phil said, "Take Lethe back, and tell Protesilaus to come help."

Tubbo nodded, replacing his visor, "alright."

Phil waved the vigilantes off, blocking the sight of Tommy and Wilbur with his wings. He sighed once they had left, putting on his mask again.

"Tommy's stable." Chiron said, "I can't say the same about Icarus."

"We can call Puffy once we get back." Zephyrus sighed, walking over to his son's.

He ran a hand over Tommy's wings. They were soft, and twitched under the touch. Zephyrus knew this was going to happen eventually. After Tommy's wings had been injured, Wilbur had used his voice to put them in stasis to heal. But it could only last so long. Eventually the power would fade and Tommy's wings would come in fully. Phil had just hoped he would have been home for it.

Protesilaus ran up to them, "oh god... What happened?"

Zephyrus shook his head, picking up Tommy, "let's just get them home."