17

"You seem to be in a good mood." George smirked, nudging Sapnap's arm.

The flame hero sighed, "hey George."

"Wow, it's worse than I thought." George frowned, "what's up?"

"It's nothing." Sapnap said, leaning his chin on his arms.

George hummed, "Tommy's home now."

"I know. I checked in on the family earlier." Sapnap sighed.

"I thought you'd be happy about that." George said.

"I am, I am." Sapnap sat up, "it's good that Tommy's home."

George gave him a side glance, "I fought with Icarus. He said something strange."

"Yeah?" Sapnap looked to the other hero.

"He said you were the one who told them where Tommy was." George said.

"Can you blame me with what Dream did?" Sapnap glared at George.

The sleep hero sighed, "I guess not. I let Zephyrus take Tommy anyway."

"You did?" Sapnap said.

George nodded, "Dream went too far. I was tired."

Sapnap went quiet. He searched the surface of the table they sat at. The silence streached on between the heros.

"You still don't seem very happy that Tommy's home." George said.

"I am." Sapnap shrugged, "Tommy's safe, and the SBI have stopped-"

"Wait, what?" George sat forward.

Sapnap sighed, "the SBI we're Tommy's family. They've stopped now though."

"Because Tommy got kidnapped?" George asked.

Sapnap shook his head, "because Icarus died."

George's eyes went wide, "what..?"

"Dream killed him." Sapnap said, "I called Puffy in but... He was pretty much dead instantly."

George sat back, crossing his arms, "that's messed up."

"Yeah." Sapnap sighed.

"Are you going to report it in?" George asked.

"I don't know." Sapnap told him, "Icarus died in his house, not in the field. Technically I shouldn't know."

"And Dream?" George leaned his head back.

Sapnap hummed, "maybe. You cool with losing your hero status?"

George laughed, "yeah. I guess it'll be the end of the Dream Team."

"It was a good run though." Sapnap smiled, "we saved quite a few people."

"Yeah." George sighed softly, "Dreams going to be so mad at us."

Sapnap laughed, "yeah."

"Well," George stood up, "we better get to reporting. You ready?"

Sapnap nodded, taking George's outstretched hand, "one last heroic act, right?"

"Shut up." George rolled his eyes, nudging his friend.

"Hey!" Sapnap yelled, "don't ruin the moment!"

"Don't ruin the moment!" George mocked, "George! George! Don't ruin it!"

"Dude!" Sapnap laughed.

The heros walked off, heading to the center of the HQ. They were unaware of the white mask the stared after them. Dream pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against and stepped out into the open. His friends had decided to go against him.

Well, that was fine. Dream had planned for this ever since George had stood against him. He wasn't going to give up his hero status until the rest of the SBI we're dead. Even if he had to sacrifice his friends to do that.

Dream hissed as his injuries flared with pain. Tommy's wings had nearly killed him when they grew in. But it gave Dream a bitter satisfaction. Tommy had the same powers as Zephyrus. They were related.

"Dream. You okay?"

The masked hero turned to see Punz walking over to him.

"Hey Punz." Dream straightened up slightly, "yeah I'm fine, just injuries from the last fight with the SBI."

"You still after them?" Punz asked.

"Well yeah, they've terrorized the city for years." Dream huffed, "the last fight with them, George and Sapnap we're slacking. I think they're starting to turn against me."

"What? Why would they do that?" Punz shook his head.

"Can I let you in on something?" Dream asked, stepping closer.

"What?" Punz said slowly.

"My power is energy, right?" Dream started, lighting a small yellow sphere in his hand, "well, what are souls but energy?"

"Where are you going with this?" Punz asked.

Dream smiled behind his mask, holding the sphere up, "I can steal people's soul's, kill them in a sense. This one is Icarus. And with this soul, I can bring him back to life."

"You- you killed Icarus?" Punz's eyes went wide.

"Well, I stole his soul." Dream shrugged, letting the light fade out, "he's technically still alive in there, but his body is dead, i-in a sort of stasis, so it won't decompose or anything. But I can bring him back as many times as I take his soul."

Punz crossed his arms, "how did you find this out?"

Dream laughed lightly, "remember Lazer and Vik? They died long before George and Sapnap got there."

"So you killed and resurrected two people to what, test a theory you had?" Punz asked.

Dream shrugged and nodded, "more or less, yeah. No one would miss them if they disappeared. Hardly anyone remembers them anymore."

Punz hummed, "that's... Wow."

"Yeah." Dream nodded, "And I'm going to take all of the SBI's souls, take them all out. But without George and Sapnap, it's going to be tricky."

Punz huffed out a laugh, "need help then?"

"Well I wouldn't want to take up your busy schedule." Dream smirked behind his mask.

"Hey, for the right price I could clear up some stuff." Punz shrugged.

"So do we have a deal?" Dream asked.

"Sure."

"Great. Let's take down the SBI."