9

Phil took a deep breath when the video footage ended. The image of Tommy's face, bloody and scared, was burned into his mind. He was going to kill Dream.

But first he had to let the Syndicate recover. Chiron, or rather Ponks, healing stitches had helped a lot of them get back on their feet, but it was far from an instant cure. Hephaestus, civilian name Sam, had gotten severe injuries from Dream that were still healing. Tubbo was having trouble seeing out of his right eye where Not Found had used a small explosive. Wilbur could barely move, and while Ponk could stitch up open wounds with healing thread, impact wounds couldn't be helped as easily. Totem and Monarch hadn't been badly injured thankfully, but they were busy tending to the wounded. Even Techno and Phil were in no condition to fight, with exhaustion from the shape shifter and the winged villains feathers almost burned completely off.

And then there was Ranboo. It had been twelve hours and he hadn't woken up. He hadn't stopped shaking either. It was worrying. Tubbo refused to leave his side.

Phil shut the laptop. He didn't know what to do. The heros had thought this through much more than he'd thought. Brute force wouldn't be enough to get Tommy back. He could go to the hero committee and report Tommy missing, but that would let the heros dangerously close to them. Was it worth the risk?

A knock at the door broke Phil out of his thoughts. He walked over, opening the door. To his surprise, Sapnap stood there, looking slightly sheepish, but determined none the less.

"Uh, hello." Phil said, too shocked to say much else.

"Hi, uh, this is strange I know but..." Sapnap sighed, glancing around, "I need to talk to you."

Phil pulled his wings in tightly, "about what?"

"Your son. Tommy." Sapnap said.

Phil's eyes widened, "come in."

Did Phil really just invite a hero into his house? Yes. Yes he did. Was it a good idea? That was yet to be seen.

"What happened to Tommy?" Phil asked once he closed the door, "he didn't come home last night, did something happen?"

"Yes- but I don't want to worry you! He's okay!" Sapnap rushed out.

Like hell he is. Phil thought, "then what happened? Where's my son?"

Sapnap lowered his voice, taking a small step closer, "Dream and Not Found have him."

"What!?" Phil shouted, playing dumb, "why!? Why did they take Tommy!? He's seventeen! Did he get himself mixed up in something!?"

"No no!" Sapnap said, "I don't know why they took him! But I'm getting him back home. They moved him to a different location during a villain attack, and I don't know where the second location is. But I promise you, I'll bring him home safely. I promised him too."

Phil glared at the hero. Was he telling the truth? Could he really trust a hero?

"Dad?" Techno stepped into the living room, tensing when he saw Sapnap, "Phil, what's going on."

Phil turned to his son, "Sapnap says he's going to find Tommy and bring him back here. Dre and Not Found have taken him."

"How do we know Sapnap isn't in on it?" Techno glared at the hero.

Sapnap sighed, "... Because I'm willing to risk my hero status to bring him back."

"What do you mean?" Phil asked, genuinely shocked this time.

"The only reason I'm still a hero, is because Dream covered up an... Incident." Sapnap told them, "the entire Dream Team would be stripped of hero status if what happened got out. It was played off as an accident, and we kept our status. Ever since then, Dream has used it as leverage against me and Not Found. And I'm sick of it! I want to actually help and not just follow Dream around like a trained dog! I-I don't care if I'm not a hero anymore as long as I can do this one thing! Enough is enough. Dream... He needs to be stopped."