5

T.W.: violence, implied character death

It has been a few hours since Dream and Not Found left. Tommy had long since finished the McDonald's, and was now investing the room. There really wasn't much there. A bed, a small table, and the chair he was tied to. Other than that, it was empty. There wasn't even a bathroom.

Tommy jumped as he heard voices on the other side of the door. He inches closer, trying to make out what they were saying.

"Just trust us! We're so close to catching them!"

"Dude, last time you two asked me on one of these secret missions you- ...- someone!"

"I did that to protect you. Don't act all high and mighty now. If that got out, all three of us would have been stripped of hero status."

There was a moment of silence.

"Just protect the hostage, and when it's over we'll let him go."

"Fine."

Tommy jumped back onto the bed just before the door opened. Dream and Not Found walked through. Neither of them glanced at him as a third person walked in. The third eyes went wide as he saw Tommy. He grabbed dreams arm, pulling him to the corner of the room.

"You kidnapped a kid!?" The man hissed.

"Calm down! We're not going to hurt him!" Dream huffed, "that's why you're here. Just keep him safe until we have the SBI."

"And if they don't show up?" The man asked.

Dream went silent for a moment, "you don't have to worry about that Sapnap. Just keep the kid here."

Dream yanked his arm out of Sapnap's grip, walking over to Tommy. He seemed to smile at the boy.

"Hey Tommy." Dream started, "My friend Sapnap is going to be watching you for the rest of the day. And if everything goes as planned, you'll be back home with your family by tomorrow!"

Tommy glanced at the man in the corner, "okay."

"Good." Dream pat Tommy's head, "Not Found and I are going on patrol. We'll be back when it's time to take you home."

Tommy jerked his head away. Dream gave him an uneasy feeling. The two heros quickly left the room, leaving just Tommy and Sapnap.

Sapnap sighed, taking a few steps forward, "are you okay? They haven't hurt you, have they?"

Tommy shook his head, "no, I'm okay."

Sapnap let out a breath, "good."

"I want to go home." Tommy sighed, pulling his knees to his chest.

"I know." Sapnap said, sitting in the empty chair, "but villains might be after you."

"Yeah, I know." Tommy rolled his eyes, "the hero committee thinks my family are villains and they're keeping me here to protect me."

"No..." Sapnap shook his head, "the hero committee has nothing to do with this. This is Dream and Not Found on their own. Almost no one believes that your family are villains. But there are villains assembling on the Doomsday border right now. We don't know why, but Dream wants me to keep you here and out of the way of the fight, just in case, you know?"

"Why would villains be after me?" Tommy asked.

"I don't know." Sapnap said, "but I'm sure Dream and George did something completely stupid that pissed them off."

"So, they're not after me?" Tommy frowned.

Sapnap shrugged, "probably not. At least I don't think so."