"Says the platinum blond daddys boy" (3)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Come on Harry! I'm hungry!" Ron yelled across the common room

"I'm coming! Just let me get my cloak" he said sliding it on his arms and running down the stairs to catch up to Ron. "You could have went without me you know."

"Yeah well I... could have gotten lost." Said Ron in a poor attempt to find an excuse.

"Lost? We've been here 8 years, and you're still worried about getting lost?"

"This place is huge!"

"Yes, but you know where the great hall is"

"Okay, but did you know the stairs change?"

"What?!" Harry spluttered in faux shock "Oh no way, we only figured that out in, like what.. first year?"

"First of all, ouch. Second, I'm going to set the sass aside for now because I'm hungry and I wanna leave. But later, mark my words, I will get you back."

"Alright alright Joey,"

"Who?"

"You know from friends."

"What? I'm your friend! How do I not know this Joey you mistook me for"

"No, no not that, it's a muggle show. Sometimes I forget you don't have tele . Let's just go."

"Finally!" Ron sighed with relief marching down for breakfast, ignoring the burning question in his mind, what the hell was "tele"?

They walked into the great hall for the first time since.. the war. All eyes on them, the savoir and... well "ickle Ronniekins". There were many whispers, such as "there he is, there's Harry Potter!" Also "Is that Ron Weasley? The red head Potters always with? I heard he destroyed one of Voldemorts horcruxes!" And "Look there's Neville Longbottom sitting at the 8th year table! My sister was at the battle, she said he killed a snake! Not just any snake, Nagini, You-Know-Who's familiar!" Then there's was the usual reply "wow" or "are you sure that's true?"

"Potter!" Draco said patting the spot next to him. "Are you gonna have a seat? Or is our dear saviour too cool for a sit at the table with the snakes?"

"I said civil Malfoy. Don't push it." Harry growled his vexation bubbling.

"And it's barley a table of snakes since there is but two measly garden snakes in a den of lions."  Came Ron's reply

"Oy!" Said Hannah and Susan

"And badgers." Ron corrected

More whispers where heard from a few near by eve's droppers "That's Malfoy, he's an ex death eater! He shouldn't be able to sit at that table! Not with Harry Potter. How can Harry even stand to talk to him?" Malfoy squirmed, he knew this was going to be happening all year.

Harry heard that, and wasn't happy, he lowered his voice and crouched down next to the three third year Griffindors.
"Oy, you lot, listen to me and listen well, and spread the word will you, it'll save me the trouble. Malfoy hasn't done anything but try to survive the hands of death that was Voldemort." The three flinched a little at that. That made Draco smile, why would Potter do that for him? Maybe they could still be friends or even... civil he reminded himself. Just civil.

"You'd do best to remember that and stop spreading mean rummers about things that aren't your business." Harry stood back up and sat next to Malfoy and Neville giving the best version of his Professor Snape glare he could. If you asked Harry he'd say he did it pretty well as the third years turned away in fear.

Keeping his voice lowered Harry leaned in towards Draco and said, "are you alright? Heard you scream last night and Blaise told me it was a nightmare. I get those too you know, nothing to be ashamed of."