"Idiot child" (16)

"HARRY" came a yell.
Harry was jerked from his sleep.
He'd had a very odd dream. Harry sat up in his bed, looked down at his chest and found the H.S locket dangling from his neck. Not a dream. His whole reality had changed with in the span of a day, how could this be real? He'd stayed with Snape late that night asking questions, he hadn't even gotten to bed until 3am. He was absolutely exhausted, Harry rubbed his face, in hopes of an energy boost. He flinched at the unfamiliar features he felt. Right, the glamour.

"HARRY" came the yell again, closer this time.
"WHATTT" he yelled back tiredly.
"OPEN THE DOOR"
Harry flicked his hand, unlocking the door.
Mcgonagall set foot in his room, wrinkling her nose. Teenagers.
"Professor?" Harry questioned.
"Malfoy is awake."

Harry sprung from his bed "Is he okay?"
"He isn't great" Mcgonagall frowned, "but he is alive"
And for that Harry was grateful.

Minerva led him out of the dorms towards her office and through to the fire pit. She and Harry stepped in and took a handful of powder, "DIAGONALLY" she said clearly.
They were then swept away. When they arrived they were facing the front of Fred and- ...of George's shop. From there they apparated to Saint Mungos. Harry followed Mcgonagall up to the front desk "Draco Malfoy" she said.
"Room 394, third floor, left wing" replied the clerk in a bored tone.
"Thank you" they both said in unison as the hurried off in that direction.

Before he knew it they had arrived in front of Draco's door, "I trust you can do the rest yourself Mister Evans-Snape?" Said Minnie.
"Yes, thank you professor" he smiled at the name.
Mcgonagall nodded and left without another word.

He opened the door and fell face to face with Draco. Although Draco seemed rather confused,
"Who-?" Draco started looking at Harry, but then he looked into to Harry's eyes, "Harry?!? How-? Wha-"
"I... I can explain everything.."

Harry didn't exactly know where to start, so he started with the beginning. He told Draco how he was born to Lily Evans and Severus Snape, but then he was adopted. He explained how it was to protect him. He even told Draco about James and Sirius, that somehow didn't surprise the blond though.

"I can see that" Draco had said
"Really?!" Harry had replied incredulously "am I just blind or something?"
"Yesss" Azura had hissed, which earned a glare from Harry.

He told Draco about the locket, his name, his inheritance, his lordship rings and the glamour.

"So," Draco started  "Basically you're hotter and taller than before..." (still not taller than Draco) "...and richer than before, sounds pretty good to me." Draco smiled.
Harry laughed "gold digger" coughed.
"So what if I am! At least I know what I want." he winked, making Harry blush.

Then things went quiet for a bit, Harry looked down to his feet. He still blamed himself for what happened.

"Hey, whats wrong?" Draco said sitting up as he watched Harrys face fall "You know you can tell me anything right?"
Harry sighed, he didn't want to do this, but it was the right thing to do.
"Draco" he rasped "I'm sorry"

"Harry what's wrong? You're scaring me."
Harry looked up at Draco, his expression was serious "It was my fault you got hurt. It's not going to stop at Ginny, there will be others. The press is always stocking me, I don't want to drag you into it. You don't deserve it." He explained, it was the hardest thing he had ever done, harder than killing a dark lord.

"You wouldn't be! Harry, I would willingly walk into fire for you." Draco's eyes watered, he knew Harry was being selfless by doing this to protect him, but right now it felt very selfish of him.

Harry sighed, wiping the tears that threatened to fall "That's the problem, if you do, I know you'll get hurt again. What if I'm not there the next time you do? I couldn't live with myself if something like that happened, especially if it were because of me."